Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D&H Sharks

Default D&H Sharks

Cameron produced a pretty comprehensive pack of Baldwin Sharknosed RF16's and recent threads had me look again at the MLT Bridge Line. Both Loco's and Route could handle far more detail than was possible when they were released but I've tweaked the Sharks to age them and Michael Sinclair's Tree upgrade is installed.

Click to Enlarge

D&H1.jpg

D&H3.jpg

D&H5.jpg

D&H2.jpg

D&H6.jpg
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Very nice,Geoff,I will now install that tree upgrade,looks so much better.

Which cabview/sounds do you use for them ?

Quote Originally Posted by ragtimer View Post
    Very nice,Geoff,I will now install that tree upgrade,looks so much better.
    The only issues with the tree upgrade I've noticed is that some of the tree rows seem to be a tads too high or floating? Also although the Cherry Trees are very nice, anyone who's ever had one knows that the shock of pink when they're in full blossom is pretty short lived? Maybe they should be in the SPRING textures and a green version would blend in better for other seasons?

Which cabview/sounds do you use for them ?
    The CLW models come with a cabview which is pretty good IMO? It's also here in the Library as a Babyface Cab? The CLW one is pretty close to the real thing http://www.rrpicturearchives.net./sh...spx?id=1698178. Sounds are aliased to the GP38 I believe.

The real problem is that they don't run in Open Rails. I've just been corresponding about a physics fix on Elvas Tower and it seems there may already be one. You can read that on the Open Rails Physics forum at Elvas Tower.

The MLT Bridge line is a really old route now and the thing that REALLY needs modifying is the track. It has several sections of longish straight track sections with incredibly sharp curse followed by another straight and another sharp curve. A line like that would have VERY slow speed limits if it were real?!
    Last edited by lateagain; 05-29-2020 at 03:49 AM.
    Geoff
    UK

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Do you have a link to the tree upgrade ? I have not been able to find it in the f/l

Just type Sinclair on the search box..... Simple

Do you have a link to the tree upgrade ? I have not been able to find it in the f/l
    Dave Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    The real problem is that they don't run in Open Rails. I've just been corresponding about a physics fix on Elvas Tower and it seems there may already be one. You can read that on the Open Rails Physics forum at Elvas Tower.
    Geoff, got them moving for OR, a fix for both A&B MSTS eng files is in an attached zip file over at ET.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Geoff, got them moving for OR, a fix for both A&B MSTS eng files is in an attached zip file over at ET.
    Thanks Gerry, Downloaded and installed.

Test run they seem fine. Only a small consist though so I guess I need to lash up some coal hoppers because that's what they spent a lot of time doing I believe.

Not sure what two units on their own could have hauled. Also no real knowledge of actual traffic on the Bridge Line, in so much as what commodities went in which direction, which commodities may have been Loaded trains in one direction and Empty in the other etc.?

Need to do some research?!

BTW had to change the sounds as I wasn't sure what sound you were aliased to and they were totally silent as downloaded. As I read it the 608c sounds in the library are based on the other RF16 model and NOT the CLW one. Unfortunately the trains folder in the MSTS that I've installed The Bridge Line in also has a load of stock I put in it for testing other routes in the same install. Consequently I'm not sure of the source of some sound files I have in Common Snd.

If anyone is in touch with Cameron perhaps you could PM me? Thanks in advance if you can help with that.
    Geoff
    UK

Geoff, re: the sounds, oops, the files I gave you had them aliased directly to the GP38 sounds in the Common.Snd folder...that was the default for the CLW models. I would like to find something more authentic, I'll look into the other sounds you mentioned and also do some research. Working on the OR conversion kit. You know, there are quite a few of these generation of locomotives that need shape, texture, and other updates for OR...it'll take some years, especially if there are problems contacting the original model creators. Ah well, that's part of the hobby. Maybe some current model makers will take a look at this ( sharknose and other locos ) generation of locomotives and make some new ones.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Nice! Love the Sharks!
    CG

I hope this may be of some help. https://youtu.be/eM49JvJf65I