Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D&H Sharks

Quote Originally Posted by drjayyyy View Post
    I hope this may be of some help. https://youtu.be/eM49JvJf65I
    Thanks for the heads up . A nice set of decently shot and edited films. BTW the developers at OR might like to watch the start of Volume 3 of the set? The train wobble needs to be seriously increased ?!?! LOL!

What's interesting is that I recently went back to BLW's "Clubvalleypass Members section" (you had to request a password when it started as there were some bonus models for folk making a payware purchase.) and I didn't realise it was still up and running. In the D&H section there is a pretty comprehensive collection of 60s-70s D&H stock. Some of these models have been updated in later payware bundles but why this whole set hasn't been updated and released is a mystery? The only BLW payware for D&H is an excellent PA passenger set.

Here's what's available
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

.......and there's more! Together with various SLI updates to models already covered in the original MLT route that's a massive % of D&H's stock. All just crying out for some other divisions or an extension to the original route?

Here's the other S View grabs
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Geoff
    UK

the mystery Geoff is the time for all i need to rework

Quote Originally Posted by gbel2001 View Post
    the mystery Geoff is the time for all i need to rework
    LOL! Of course I realise that Gaetan.

BTW for those who are relatively new here can they still join the Members Area?

...but whilst you're here there's another set lurking there that you have only covered in an earlier livery in the newer packs.

Another NE road....

LV_CVP.jpg

I did some tweaking with the original skins if they're of interest?
    Geoff
    UK

Wow, those look outstanding. Good job!

I feel I need to clarify one thing here.

As the thread has developed there are now three sets of stock that are actually quite old in terms of when they became available.

The work on the Shark is 99% (I added a small amount of road dirt to the trucks) Cameron's. All I did was de-gloss the model (Personal choice, I don't like shiny models) and play with the skins in Photoshop. My alterations brought out features that Cameron had already incorporated.

The ClubValleyPass "Members Section" D&H stock came out in 2003 (I believe?) and compared to the MLT Bridge Line Stock was a revelation on the sort of detail that photoskins can add. These are as available (assuming Gaetan's bonus area still applies?)

The Lehigh Valley Stock is also from the ClubValleyPass "Members Section".
    These I have spent quite a bit of time tweaking the skins for colour casts and darkening much of the underframe parts.

I spend a lot of my hobby time trawling through the Railroad Picture libraries. As I was a photographic technician for much of my working life I gained a lot of experience in colour correcting stuff. Thanks to Photoshop it's possible to "restore" many of the faded or badly printed early colour stuff within the picture libraries. Skins for V Scale models are of course just a picture so can equally be tweaked if there are jarring colour casts or other issues.

SO the credit goes to Cameron and Gaetan for providing the stuff in the first place

BTW for those who haven't bought any BLW/ZT packs they come with good sounds and cab views so any of the "club" models can be aliased to the newer/latest payware models.
    Geoff
    UK