Thread: Disabling Activity Events Pause

Default Disabling Activity Events Pause

Hey, I'm looking for a way to prevent the Activity Events dialogues from pausing the simulation, or just disabling them entirely. I'm running the sim on autopilot as a "visualiser", and it would be nice to not have to constantly click resume and close box. If this is a limitation of the sim, then consider this a feature request I don't expect to see anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nikdog View Post
    Hey, I'm looking for a way to prevent the Activity Events dialogues from pausing the simulation, or just disabling them entirely. I'm running the sim on autopilot as a "visualiser", and it would be nice to not have to constantly click resume and close box. If this is a limitation of the sim, then consider this a feature request I don't expect to see anytime soon.
    It's been available for, literally, years. From the manual...
    10.16.4 No Halt by Activity Message Box
    MSTS activities may contain instructions to display a message box when the player train reaches a specific
    location in the activity, or at a specific time. Normally the simulation is halted when the message box is
    displayed until the player manually closes the box.
    This behavior can be modified if the line: ORTSContinue ( nn )
    Where nn = number of seconds to display the box, is added to the event declaration
    (EventTypeLocation or EventTypeTime) in the .act file.
    For example:
    Code:
    EventCategoryLocation (
    EventTypeLocation ( )
    ID ( 1 )
    Activation_Level ( 1 )
    Outcomes (
    DisplayMessage ( "Test nopause." )
    )
    Name ( Location1 )
    Location ( -146 14082 -1016.56 762.16 10 )
    TriggerOnStop ( 0 )
    ORTSContinue ( 10 )
    )
    Now, the activity will continue to run while the message window is displayed. If the player does nothing,
    the window disappears automatically after nn seconds. The player may close the window manually or
    pause the activity by clicking on the appropriate button in the window. Note that this modification does
    not work for the terminating event of the activity.
    NOTE MSTS AE will erase "ORTSContinue" from the act file, unless a copy of the act is placed in an "OpenRails" folder within the activity folder. See: uses of "OpenRails" folder in the manual.

...and sarcasm like this,
    If this is a limitation of the sim, then consider this a feature request I don't expect to see anytime soon
    is absolutely no way to get the attention of volunteer developers to devote their time and effort to add an option. Try a little genuine courtesy and also learn how to make a request using Trello. Drop the attitude, it does you no credit.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 05-30-2020 at 01:16 AM.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    It's been available for, literally, years. From the manual...
    NOTE MSTS AE will erase "ORTSContinue" from the act file, unless a copy of the act is placed in an "OpenRails" folder within the activity folder. See: uses of "OpenRails" folder in the manual.
    Well, darn. My manual search queries, were terrible then. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    ...and sarcasm like this,
    is absolutely no way to get the attention of volunteer developers to devote their time and effort to add an option. Try a little genuine courtesy and also learn how to make a request using Trello. Drop the attitude, it does you no credit.
    My apologies. I was trying to be polite and genuine in the fact that I would not expect feature requests to be at the top of the developer's todo list. On top of the fact I would have no clue how difficult it would be to implement to the current code, should it have been an actual feature request.

Well, darn. My manual search queries, were terrible then. Thank you very much.
    My apologies. I was trying to be polite and genuine in the fact that I would not expect feature requests to be at the top of the developer's todo list. On top of the fact I would have no clue how difficult it would be to implement to the current code, should it have been an actual feature request.
    One of the pitfalls of forum communication...you cannot read the other persons face, tone or body language, my mistake...apologies also.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.