Thread: Trying to model 395&254 train/engine brake controllers attitude

Default Trying to model 395&254 train/engine brake controllers attitude

Hello.
    When trying to adapt my favorite locos and MU for ORTS, I encountered several problems.
    Some of them-with brake controllers.

First-the trainbrake:
    The Driver's valve has 7 positions:

at I-st, the BrakePipe connected with MainReservoires, so it recharges quickly and to high pressure
    (called like OverCharge)
    But MSTS token TrainBrakeControllerFullQuickReleaseStart seems like not working: I have same effect like with Release position.

at II-nd, the BrakePipe Connected through Reductor, so BP pressure maintains according to reductor's setting.
    This is partially implemented by "release" token, but, it wiould be nice, if it's possible to adjust the reductor setting
    according to the situation: passenger train and ride at plain requires more low Bp pressure(5.1bar),than freight or mountain operation(up to 6.2bar).

The LocoBrake valve has First, while-pressed position, which bails loco brakes off, when driver pushes lever forward, and, when he stops pushing, the lever backs to II-nd(neutral/release)position.

Any ideas,
    IS it possible to realise anyway?

During translation of ORTS-simulation, I discovered a string with "Overcharge" word
    So, there is such function already in OR, isn't it?

Maybe, there's more up-to date description of possible brake-controller functions of OR, than Manual.pdf?

At Elvas Tower there is a pdf to be found in this thread

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...ended-braking/

Joe Realmuto is the author of the doc entitled "Guideline For Setting Open Rails Braking Parameters (Including Blended Braking)"
    He never specifically said anything about not sharing the doc, it was posted in the ET forums.
    Try the link or become a member of ET.

Anyone have an opinion on posting it here, I hesitate to do so.

There is also another thread at ET, which has a spreadsheet listing all the working tokens for OR. I cannot seem to locate it at the moment.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

The *.pdf contains parameters only-it will be useful, THANKS.

And what about tokens for brake controller's positions:
    anyone knows, is where discovered something new since Rudolf Richter's Eng Manual 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by weter View Post
    The *.pdf contains parameters only-it will be useful, THANKS.

And what about tokens for brake controller's positions:
    anyone knows, is where discovered something new since Rudolf Richter's Eng Manual 2.0?
    Last page, post#47, download OR_ParametersV2.7z <<<< contain spreadsheet with all ORTS tokens/parameters
    http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...finitive-list/

Also, importantly, "Coals to Newcastle" website for everything OR -- an excellent resource!
    https://www.coalstonewcastle.com.au/...rameter-brake/
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

"2-nd site neme"/physics/brakecontrollers/

This may be interesting for my goals. Thank You.