Thread: Class 20 coming later this month

Default Class 20 coming later this month

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/...to-the-chopper

Prepare to take the controls of a true icon of British traction, as the BR Class 20, or as its more affectionately known the "Chopper” is coming soon to Train Sim World and will be powering its way through the Tees Valley Line!

Saw this on Alan Thomson's Facebook page. I really want to know DTG have got the sound right before partaking, particularly as I will need to repurchase Tees Valley after refunding due to the appalling Class 37 sounds.
    Vern.

No BR Green or BR Blue, no go.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

ATS put a preview clip up on YT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNi9...KaJU_TOswPR2DY

If you can tolerate his style worth watching. Seems like they got the sounds better than on the 37 but not much point if you can't hear them in the cab. I agree with the bearded one that the cab looks superb. What puts me off, as the guy said this is effectively being released as retro content with no support and no future use in the brave new world of TSW2. I would have to buy the Tees route again to run the 20, so that's £40 before any sale discounts that might pop up. Not really worth it.

Oh if you watch the video worth persisting to about 3/4 of the way through when he falls off the loco. Not sure if it's a collision detection bug and why he didn't just hit 1 to get back in the cab, but brought a smile to my face.
    Vern.

I personally do not see the point in buying anything for TSW anymore Vern.

Will not be buying TSW2 because route editors are out.

Last chance saloon for me, is DRS.

I am more than happy with ATS & ETS2 anyway, plus what is coming in the future.

DTG & N3V -1/10, SCS 8/10.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Funny you mention ATS & ETS. I bought ETS a few years back when I was thinking of become a trucker as a career change. Turns out the fact I have had epileptic seizures disqualifies me. So my interest lasted for a while, but it was never relaxing as running a train or railroad. Especially when the maps are what is 1:4 real life scale probably higher? Some time riding a truck in those games reminds me of playing a video game like tron or something to stay on the road without crashing into something.

I did however shortly after getting bored of Run8 purchase ATS and I even purchased a few add on states. Thought it would get my interest up again but it swayed. Don't get me wrong it's good for what it is, and I love listening to the music in the background. But eventually it gets old pretty quick. I hear it kind of similar to what real truck drivers and railroaders feel or a larger amount of time.

Enjoying creating something finally once again and being able to see my labour and take part in it.

Thanks

Sean

For me it doesn't get old anywhere near as quickly as playing the train games, Sean.

You probably didn't get into the modding side of things. Where updates, additions and improvements to the game are 99% free.

SCS actually frowns on third party payware. Unlike the train games which are awash with payware.

Anyway you enjoy what you prefer buddy. Boring world if we all liked the same things.

Mike.