Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Oh Dear Oh Dear

South West Wales route. With an English Electric Type 3 (payware), using thanks to N3V. An English Electric Type 5 cabview interior.

Should never happen buddy. DTG are bad enough, but at least all their payware have the correct cabviews, for each model.

Oh and it's your fault i re-installed TRS19 again, Sean.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

This is better but it is third party (SRS). But still a low res cabview compared even to TS2020.

You North American boys are lucky as you have really good payware releases from Jointed Rail & RRMods.

UK scene is mostly freeware and old sub standard payware.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

If they are the 37's you found a year or two back, Mike, didn't they come with a proper 37 cab? I've just installed from the cdp's and this is what I get, albeit getting an obsolete warning in CMP about the cab.

Edit: Oops, cross posted!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vern.

Hehehehehehehehe, no worries Vern. Trouble is the nose is plainly blue and yellow.

So no good for the Green EE Type 3's buddy.

I re-installed TRS19, as it is the only one of all the train games. That doesn't lock up my pc and start buzzing, within 10 minutes of starting the game.

Just changed all the TS09 bullhead for TRS19 proceedural track and changed the ballast to PBR gravel.

Yes Vern SRS models, no warnings at all here in CM, with either blue livery.

Mike.

I like the looks of all those shots, honestly, my O'l eyes unable to pickout subtle differences.
    After a lifetime of the real (U.S.), will never be able to wrap my O'l noggin around anything CarBody,
    let alone double cabs at the ends, nor those damned shock absorbers.
    CarBodies are a nightmare to work on, no matter their layout.
    Bad enough, don't care for anything Wings, nor, Desktop as well.

Anyways, seems I still be in good standing this morn, as, after my last entry to this forums,
    went to bed feeling perhaps had overstepped bounds, &, or, caused some form of hurt/pain.
    Thankfully, looking unfounded this morn. That, indeed is a good thing. Oh!, &, the evil monkey has yet to rise.
    Enjoy Your Day!.
    Last edited by SMRY; 06-15-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Did you work on the railroad, Scott ? There are a couple of us on the forum, retired from the UK railway.

I didn't see anything that overstepped the mark buddy.

Mike.

Problem with N3V is that they seem to have devolved pretty much all responsibility for Trainz other than the core programme. This thread regarding the state of trees in the game kind of sums it up... https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...ubs-for-Trainz

I am sure they could do more to ensure backward compatibility if they wanted to, given they were actually using that to justify the inclusion of all the ancient assets and the creaking ECML in TRS19.
    Vern.

I just read that about trees and shrubs Vern. While i was over there wanting to know. Why there are still collapsed bridges across the PW, in the ECML route, when i reported them at the start of TRS19 beta testing.

All the backwards compatibility rubbish is a pure mess, i believe Vern. Just smacks of desperation, in wanting to keep customers at all costs.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    All the backwards compatibility rubbish is a pure mess, i believe Vern. Just smacks of desperation, in wanting to keep customers at all costs.
    N3V would likely point to the outrage at TSW2 only being able to run TSW2020 content as 'preserved' but with no other new TSW2 features as their reasoning for doing it.

I'm another of the original Trainz CE users, and watching the same old models from 2001 get brought back again and again, the same scenery objects, the same layouts! Highland Valley and Rosworth Vale being reheated over and over again, based as they were around the original concept of Trainz being a model railway simulator (complete with limited edition digital models to collect, they really were ahead of their time, given the collectible knives and guns in Counterstrike:GO that people will spend real money for) and the fact that their AI would just drive straight ahead following the line speed and signals... not entirely unlike what the Run8 AI does now.

After too many hours wasted letting the sim run so the DLS could download missing assets that wouldn't work anyway, after the frustration seeing a cool new route announced on the forum and not being able to get it to work, I had had enough. I remember there was a Northeast Corridor one with the GG-1 to drive. Took me forever to get it going and the result had the same plastic-fantastic generic look of every other Trainz route and its recycled assets. In fact, I think the only Trainz route I ever had good luck with was the fictional Razorback Railway where the devs had spent time carefully designing it and their scenarios to work with a minimum (of any) DLS assets.

Yes we are spoiled in North America especially from the freeware available on the DLS. I'm too cheap to buy anything unless I absolutely have to. So for me runs as expected. Still tweaking the industries, but I'll let you know how that goes.

Thanks

Sean