Thread: New to Trainz 2019

Default New to Trainz 2019

I've purchased all the other Train Simulators - MSTS, Railworks, TS2020, TSW, Run 8, Open Rails (free) and now Trainz. It's a little different, operation of controls and such. I hunted for a manual Trainz 2019 doesn't seem to come with one. I have looked up YouTube for Trainz Operation for beginners but haven't found what I need to teach me some basic stuff. Like what? (1) How to place locomotives on the tracks, (2) to add or build a consist for those locomotives and save the consist and where I select my consist content, (3) select a route, place that consist in a route and drive it, (4) build up my selections of Sessions or get selections of various Sessions from another place, and last (5) camera shots, a camera shot of the end of my train and a rail fan camera shot to watch my entire train go pass.

If there is anything else you can think of that would be good for a beginner to know, especially if I haven't had any previous Trainz versions, please let me know.

Thanks for any help offered.

Derick

I'll try and help since I've been with MSTS and Run8 for some time. Had Trainz 2010 in the past but now die hard 2019 fan.

1) If you want to place locomotives on the track in "Quick Drive" go to the edit menu. On the side you will have the ability to place consists or build them by individual engines and cars. There should be youtube or google help. Try the Trainz wiki as it's also a good source of stuff and you'll find specific things for 2019.

2) I believe this is under get consist. I've created many consists already. If you can't find it be patient and I'll do a video on this and post the link here.

3) You can select any route you have. Go into the first option of the main menu, and again select quick drive. You can create sessions but this will allow you to bring the trains quickly into a world. You can also save and come back later.

4) You can save sessions when you try to exit the program escape. This will allow you to put in a new name or resave the current session.

5) using the number 1 2 3 and 4 on the keyboard gives you various screen views. 4 is the free roam camera, I don't think you'll find one that has the panning motion. However I believe 3 if you have cameras set up on the route at key locations will cut to a view from the camera as the train approaches. Again I don't use this option often and generally sick to 1 in the cab, 2 follow cam where you are outside and can rotate around the engine, or 4 a free roam.

Any further questions I'll try to help in my next live stream at the begining. I may do one tomorrow night.

Thanks

Sean

Thanks so much for your help. I will continue to play with Trainz 2019 to become more familiar with it.

Derick

The latest live stream I did at the beginning tackles this.

Thanks

Sean

I watched your video. Thanks for giving back to the community. You mentioned that others have helped you so making training videos is way to give back. I appreciate you and others who so nicely answer questions.

Derick

Your welcome. A few kind people helped me out a couple months ago so I'm glad I can help you.

Thanks

Sean

Well Sean,
    I've gone & done it, picked up T19-NA edition via Steam for just under $12-USD today.
    Has taken a good chunk of the day to download. I've yet to do much of anything, outside of the opening
    screen/panel. I will say, thus far, even that looking/working better than 2 earlier versions I have in the O'l toybox.
    I looked into the download/content area while waiting, looks like, be much easier to get our hands on some DLC
    rather than skip to DLS at times. Hell, just the eng/rollingstock that pops on the screen after making a choice to view
    looking much more detailed than I recall.
    I've left everything under Settings as is, other than to choose ultra settings.
    I'll work my way down from there level wise should the operating world stutter/skip etc.
    I'll surely give it a go tonight after the heat of the day down some.

I'll surely touch bases with you about getting other program(s) for map overlays etc., &,
    sharing of routes, finer details etc. at some point, as, believe route creation be of most interest
    from my end. I had done so during my former RailWorks days. Now to relearn many of those skills.

Good Luck, Have A Great Time, Be Safe, while On Vacation You & Emmett.

Welcome to the Dark Side my father

Glad to see another familiar face over here. I'll see if my son can share some of his creations with you. Mine is a bit bare at the moment but you know me all about operations. if I can run on plywood as long as I have a car card system or something

I'm going to provide a link to you first. Then I might start posting some private stuff (that still has the Google Map stuff online). They say you can't share that because those b*stards don't make enough money of everyone yet.

First is the signals you will need only on my Niagara route as I don't think Emmett is using these
    https://app.box.com/s/kscq86lnvcyti75efsb583ru569pumlm

I'll share with you one of his routes and my route in progress once I pack it up before I leave on vacation.

Enjoy the ride. Just be patient with it, and remember how little we spent to enjoy this.

Thanks

Sean