Thread: suffix 'n/m'

Default suffix 'n/m'

G'day all, I see this warning a lot and wonder if there is an easy fix for it.
    Warning: Found a suffix 'n/m' which could not be parsed as a Resistance unit in F:\Steam Routes\trains\trainset\CPR-DTTX domestic #7\CPR-DTTX7.wag:line 16
    Hope there is a relatively easy fix.
    Regards
    Barrie

Yes,

it needs to be n/m/s
    Cheers
    Derek

To add to what Derek posted, you can use any Search and Replace function to do this, because there are quite a few of these errors in the legacy MSTS equipment. Many programs have this function, mostly I use Search&Replace...an excellent utility for wholesale search and replace work.

https://www.funduc.com/
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Caution!

Some parameters still require the entry "N/m", such as "stiffness" values within engine (and wagon) files.

The "N/m/s" entries only apply to "damping" and some "friction" values within the files.

So don't do a "wholesale" replacement of "N/m" to "N/m/s". Replacement has to be selective.

G'day meeshu, yes I found that out but I did one test file first so I find out any traps without having to fix a great load of files.
    Thanks for your heads up on that.
    Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by meeshu View Post
    So don't do a "wholesale" replacement of "N/m" to "N/m/s". Replacement has to be selective.
    That is just not so, you're quibbling with terms. Please see illustrations...
    Generally speaking, using any search&replace program requires caution to avoid errors ( as Barrie said in post #5 ), but wholesale ( replacing all instances of a specific term ) replacement is indeed possible. Search&Replace has both simple and binary replacement searches possible, as illustrated. In addition the program has other flags and options that make more detailed search and replace routines possible.
    Using "replacement confirmation" the user can also pick&choose which specific instances of the search term to replace.
    It is a powerful and useful search&replace utility...not the only one, there are quite a few others, all of them generally doing the same thing as this specific utility.

bandicam 2020-06-08 07-36-30-653.jpg <<< simple phrase example ( I've already corrected all my files )

bandicam 2020-06-08 07-37-03-777.jpg <<< setting up a simple binary search term

bandicam 2020-06-08 07-37-28-573.jpg <<< results of simple binary search

bandicam 2020-06-08 07-53-00-653.jpg <<< options using replacement confirmation window

( to be specific ) A wholesale replacement is indeed possible using selective options.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 06-08-2020 at 11:03 AM.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

G'day Gerry, thank you for the fine explanation of the process and the methods I am sure it will save many weary hours.
    regards
    Barrie