Thread: Peter Olsaz's Milwaukee Rd Route Installation.

Default Peter Olsaz's Milwaukee Rd Route Installation.

I am not sure I understand these directions for Peter Olasz's Milwaukee Rd Route. I have downloaded all parts. What is this double extraction?

"After downloaded the part1-part9 files, they have to be unzipped to a directory one by one. After that, another extraction is necessary, so take all 9 .7z files and extract them with 7-Zip. Now put the unzipped folder MLWIW_V2 to your ROUTES folder."

Thanks,
    Bob

I hope this helps:
    1) Drag MLWIW01_V2.7z and MLWIW01_V2.7z.002 - MLWIW01_V2.7z.009 files to a folder on your desktop (or wherever you want it temporarily)
    2) Open MLWIW01_V2.7z with 7zip
    3) Create a new folder named MLWIW01_V2 on your desktop (or wherever you want it temporarily)
    4) Select all the files in the 7zip window and drag them to the folder MLWIW01_V2 on the desktop
    5) Move the folder MLWIW01_V2 to the Routes folder of the OR instance (in my case d:\MILW)
    6) Drag the contents of milwidd2_g.zip to a separate folder milwidd2_g on your desktop (or wherever you want it temporarily)
    7) Move the files from milwidd2_g to the GLOBAL folder of the OR instance (in my case d:\MILW\GLOBAL)

Wim

It is a varation of the spanned zip file system.

Put all downloaded route files into one folder, then unzip them into the same folder. I have 7zip installed and I just right click on the first unzipped file, choose 7zip and then extract file. This opens a new window where you select Extract. This will extract all of the files from the 9 7z.xxx files and construct the route folder structure. At that point you can transfer the route into whichever location you want.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Sorry for asking what is the name of the files as I did search them in the file library. I did type the name of this route and all I see is Joe Sullivan's routes not this one.

Thank you,

John

Hi Charles,

And doesn't work with his name. I really don't know what kind of search engine does Trainsim use? My belief is that they need a better search engine for this.

John

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    Hi Charles,

And doesn't work with his name. I really don't know what kind of search engine does Trainsim use? My belief is that they need a better search engine for this.

John
    After 20 years of complaints about the search engine, you think that now it will be replaced. Just be satisfied there is a library to search.

BTW I seem to recall a post in the last few days pointing out where to find this route.
    Charles

Found it and now downloading the files.

Thank you,

John

The lesson is that browsing the file library here is profitable - you'll find all kinds of stuff that got missed in a search.
    The other lesson is to persist in searching. If it comes up blank, try some different terms.
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    The lesson is that browsing the file library here is profitable - you'll find all kinds of stuff that got missed in a search.
    The other lesson is to persist in searching. If it comes up blank, try some different terms.
    Christopher

Stop making excuses, Chris: the Trainsim.com search engine is mediocre at best and by 2020 standards is akin to looking for a needle in a haystack on a moonless night with a glow-worm for illumination.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Correct. I've ranted on this before saying the same thing.

Meanwhile we have to make the best use of what we've got, which is what my advice is for.

Christopher