Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Train Sim World 2 coming August 6 2020, including Bakerloo Line

Gave TSW2 a purchase on the Xbox One X. So far haven't had any wonky issues, but typically it gets patched quickly on the console. At least thats what I noticed with the previous TSW's.
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

Online friend has confirmed what I feared: the WCML adjacent to the Bakerloo line has NO TRAFFIC, and there's no Watford DC line traffic, either.

Why bother trying to replicate a route and then leaving it half-baked like this?

Well broke down and bought it and wow what a kids game.Lots of eye candy and still many things wrong .Will I buy anymore I have my doubts. With all the talent mind you in artsy fartsy stuff they still seem to make it look no better than a game over a true sim.
    Work Safe play hard

You know I was so excited when I seen a local area to me in Hamilton, Ontario in what was scenically done well. It got me hooked enough to look into it deeper and I was tempted.

Then all the invisible fences that made the original map look nothing like it actually was. Watching their activities of nothing but freight on the Oakville Sub with no way to fix it by the user.

Now I'm happy to say I'm building my own world in a sim that is not perfect, but at least gives me the tools to do something and try. Last night I had some major breakthroughs in nearby Fort Erie with TransDem and the ball is starting to roll with that. We all know learning curves such as Run8 (and I can't speak for the learning curve of this GAME - if anything it's too much hand holding and not enough substance). But I've gone through some of the toughest learning curves with Trainz, and now TransDem but it's worth it to me.

I keep checking this forum out to see if they have ever changed anything. Appears not. But at least they got another person to spend a few bucks

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    Online friend has confirmed what I feared: the WCML adjacent to the Bakerloo line has NO TRAFFIC, and there's no Watford DC line traffic, either.

Why bother trying to replicate a route and then leaving it half-baked like this?
    I will wait for the sale.

Did DTG fix the issues of passengers straying on the track or in the tunnels, which I saw posted at Alan Thomson's FB group?
    Vern.

Really Vern, i wouldn't install it if DTG paid me to.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Really Vern, i wouldn't install it if DTG paid me to.
    Well i did buy it tonight. I am well p*ssed off that i cannot use my TSW 1 dlc as of now in 2.

Have to wait until DTG, decided how long the plebs have to wait before we are worthy.
    Yma O Hyd

You silly boy, Mike, fancy paying for that rubbish after all the slaughtering you've given DTG, did you not read the advertising blurb telling you that they are adding TSW1 DLC in dribs and drabs over the next 6 months, go and stand in the naughty corner.......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    You silly boy, Mike, fancy paying for that rubbish after all the slaughtering you've given DTG, did you not read the advertising blurb telling you that they are adding TSW1 DLC in dribs and drabs over the next 6 months, go and stand in the naughty corner.......

Cheerz. Steve.
    Hahahahahahahahaha, thank you Steve. I read your post and went straight to Steam to request a refund.

Wake up call much appreciated buddy. I only ran the LT route and sounds wise it was rubbish.

In the past i have travelled on the Tube, dozens of times. In game there was none of the rail joint hammer or general crashing, banging and wheel sqeal noises. Always experienced when travelling on the system. Particularly in the tunnels, where the noise is amplified.

Can i come out of the naughty corner now..................please sir ?
    Yma O Hyd

I thought there was something in here the other day about can't pay me enough? Actually someone can pay me and I would install it. I'd have a good laugh and promptly remove it from my hard drive. And no I wouldn't take the money and buy any Trainz content either. I'm quite happy with my 15 dollar investment. As I've said before I'm even happy with my Run8 investments over the past decade. Towards the end I was more selective knowing the end was near. Was given LA as a gift, never bought Bakersfield despite the potential of something, same with the Seligman.

When you know the limits of what you are paying for in a core, and they don't satisfy (or satisfy any longer) doesn't matter what decoration you put on top. In Trainz I can download my own decorations for free, or in the case of routes just build my own. Years of work lie ahead. No 2020 either at least I have no plans on it (if that is what they are going to call it). Also no payware, unless it's something that I insist on having over having something I can share.

Thanks

Sean