Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Train Sim World 2 coming August 6 2020, including Bakerloo Line

Refunded and like Trainz i will not be going near either.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Refunded and like Trainz i will not be going near either.

Promise?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Can i come out of the naughty corner now..................please sir ?
    Yes, I think so, hopefully, you've learnt your lesson.

Actually, I've fired up TS20 as I've just obtained a couple of DLCs from Armstrong Powerhouse, the BR Class37 Blue pack2 of unrefurbished 'tractors' and running merrily on the various Welsh routes I've squirreled away over the years, it's absolute bliss, and not a hard hat or broken fence in sight........

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

DTG have updated their road map, and in doing so, seemingly indicated the planned DLC (besides the Island Line):

In Production
    [Route Add-On] DBB-R7 04 - Hauptstrecke München - Augsburg. With BR 403 & BR 423.
    [Route Add-On] GBC-R7 01 - SouthEastern High Speed: London St Pancras - Faversham. With BR Class 395 EMU, BR Class 375 EMU.
    [Loco Add-On] DGG-L7 01 - DB BR 363 (Ruhr-Sieg Nord)
    [Loco Add-On] NDD-L7 02 - CSX C40-8W (Sand Patch Grade)

Planned
    [Route Add-On] CBB-R7 01 - Arosa Line. With RhB Ge 4/4 II. (Developed by Rivet Games)
    [Route Add-On] NDD-R7 02 - Cane Creek. With UP AC4400CW & UP SD40-2. (Developed by Skyhook Games)
    [Route Add-On] NDD-R5 01 - Clinchfield Railroad: Elkhorn - Dante. With CRR SD40-2 and CRR F7 A&B.
    [Route Add-On] DBB-R7 05 - Bahnstrecke Hamburg - Lübeck. With DB BR 112 + Doppelstockwagen & MRCE BR 182.
    [Route Add-On] FBB-R7 01 - LGV Méditerranée: Marseille - Avignon. With SNCF TGV Duplex.
    [Loco Add-On] GCC-L7 01 - BR Class 313 EMU (for East Coastway)
    [Loco Add-On] GCC-L7 02 - BR Class 465 EMU (for Southeastern High Speed)
    [Loco Add-On] DKK-L7 01 - DB BR 101 (for Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen)
    [Loco Add-On] DKK-L7 02 - DB BR 187 (for Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen, Developed by Skyhook Games)

A lot of TS2020 routes being retread here. Nice to see a TGV route, even if it's only 105km and so significantly shorter than the LGVMed route for MSTS which is nearly old enough to drink, if you catch my meaning.

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/...ap-1-september
    Last edited by metalangel; 09-02-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post

Promise?
    Honust injun, Bruce.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    Yes, I think so, hopefully, you've learnt your lesson.

Actually, I've fired up TS20 as I've just obtained a couple of DLCs from Armstrong Powerhouse, the BR Class37 Blue pack2 of unrefurbished 'tractors' and running merrily on the various Welsh routes I've squirreled away over the years, it's absolute bliss, and not a hard hat or broken fence in sight........

Cheerz. Steve.
    Thank you Steve, you are a gentleman.

I cannot run TS2020, locks up my pc with a loud buzzing noise. Nothing else does it, not trucksims, flightsims, TSW and DRS only very rarely. Nice extended Liverpool - Manchester on TS, which i would love to run. Plus of course the merged Swansea - Bristol, with Newport - Shrewsbury, which makes a great route.
    Yma O Hyd

Thank you Steve, you are a gentleman.
    I cannot run TS2020, locks up my pc with a loud buzzing noise. Nothing else does it, not trucksims, flightsims, TSW and DRS only very rarely. Nice extended Liverpool - Manchester on TS, which i would love to run. Plus of course the merged Swansea - Bristol, with Newport - Shrewsbury, which makes a great route.
    Oh, you are a groveller, how can I say anything bad about ya.......

I was thinking yesterday about getting myself another SSD, probably 500GBs, that I can put my TS2020 on. I have found my old Railworks disc from several year's ago, if I install that and let Steam update the game to the current version I should be good to go, I have saved all my .AP packs of every item of DLC I purchased so wouldn't need to download anything again in any great quantity, and I might be able to play the game without any hiccups, might be worth a thought at your end Mike, if you get this PC buzzing sound, I've never heard of that before, so, I cant offer you any technical advice, sorry old bean, I'll leave it to the experts......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Go on force yourself buddy, be nasty.

Why would you want to install from disc and then update from Steam, Steve ?

Just do the business straight from Steam.

Buzzing noise, pc lockup, blue screen of death. All supposed to be connected to same problems.

But reading online it could be caused by 20 different things, hardware, software, drivers.

Nobody has a definitive solution.
    Yma O Hyd

Why would you want to install from disc and then update from Steam, Steve ?
    Just do the business straight from Steam.
    I already have the game on another hard drive which Steam directs to, Mike. If I manually put the disc in and install it onto an SSD the game will then hopefully automatically upgrade when I log onto Steam, well, that's the theory anyway, I need to do some tweaking and I don't have another SSD yet, so, nothing will be done for another fortnight, or, so.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 09-03-2020 at 01:15 PM.

Another very specific reason is that only older versions of the game came with the US and UK Asset packs - newer versions don't, which can cause issues using user-made addons:

https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/2...20/list/43459/

DTG will, of course, happily sell you these files that you used to get for free, for a small unreasonably large fee, greater than the price of the game itself.