Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Train Sim World 2 coming August 6 2020, including Bakerloo Line

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Now £19.99 (20% off) so have taken the plunge. Wish me luck...
    Still showing as only 5% off on my Steam account Vern, did you get your copy from DTG, or, Steam?

Can't say I'm impressed anyway, I have absolutely no interest in LUL and I have the CSX Cumberland Yard route already and the German High Speed layout is also of zero interest, so, a waste of money all round really. I don't mind paying 14.99 for the upgrade but they can keep the routes, only problem is the recent stuff is only for this version now, and I like the look of the little German BR 363 Shunter, aren't DTG rotten sods making us buy stuff we don't want in order to play with the stuff we do want, and the fact that the Northeast Corridor, SW1000R and the CSX GP40-2 aren't classed as in your preserved collection, so, won't be ported across......

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 11-08-2020 at 03:39 PM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

It was a Steam flash sale Steve, just for a few days.

As with all things DTG, a bit of love and a bit of hate. They boosted the Class 45 and Class 47 sounds on NTP, you can really hear the Sulzers strum now. However all the routes in TSW2 seem to have lost any bridge or tunnel reverb and saving is very hit and miss. When you reload a saved scenario or timetabled run it more often than not falls apart - missing objectives, signals at red with off path message etc.

The 363 seems to be receiving high praise over at the official forum, but as you say it needs the route to run on as well.

The new scenario editor could be interesting, once all the "preserved" TSW1 items are transferred across. I'm hoping the Class 40 will get a makeover and of course the 37 if they tart up Tees Valley, at which point I would buy it again if it actually sounds like a Tractor.

The best way to approach TSW(2) is to dip into it a few times a week, in between doing other things - that way it doesn't get too stale or monotonous.
    Vern.

Oh, well, thanks for the info; Vern, I assume there will be a Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale on Steam at the end of this month, I might pick TSW2 up then if it's discounted enough, and hopefully the preserved collection will have been transferred across as well, so, I can have a listen to all these new loco sounds. I see there is a French TGV route being created for the future also, can't say I'm obsessed with these 500kmh a-b routes with spaceship multiple units and high speed rockets, a slow meander with a first/second generation diesel loco will do for me.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    When you reload a saved scenario or timetabled run it more often than not falls apart - missing objectives, signals at red with off path message etc.
    It's worse than that - if you do the Sandpatch scenarios and save, it also resets all your DPUs so when you come back in, you have to go back and configure them again or you won't have enough oomph to get up the grades. Saw this in thread on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    can't say I'm obsessed with these 500kmh a-b routes with spaceship multiple units and high speed rockets, a slow meander with a first/second generation diesel loco will do for me.
    The excuse given is they can only model what they have access to (plans, photos, sounds, actual example) and also figure that contemporary stuff is the most popular. People keep demanding steam engines, quite justifiably. The excuse for THAT, according to a few posts I read, is that DTG are at a loss at how to make steamers accessible enough so everyone (read: console kids who just want to crash trains a few times) can drive them. Apparently the TS20XX implementation was considered too complex, even with the automatic fireman there to get it wrong for you.

Well I took the plunge and splashed out on the DB 363 shunter and the Siegen route to go with it. The electrics with the route are standard soulless modern plastic but the 363 is very nice. I did manage to derail on the first scenario though as I misjudged the set/lap braking and rammed my train!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    The excuse given is they can only model what they have access to (plans, photos, sounds, actual example) and also figure that contemporary stuff is the most popular. People keep demanding steam engines, quite justifiably. The excuse for THAT, according to a few posts I read, is that DTG are at a loss at how to make steamers accessible enough so everyone (read: console kids who just want to crash trains a few times) can drive them. Apparently the TS20XX implementation was considered too complex, even with the automatic fireman there to get it wrong for you.
    But, in this day and age with the Internet and the vast amount of books and other literature available they could do things if they wanted to, it's whether they can be bothered to do the groundwork first that stops them from doing all manner of things, if they think it doesn't justify the cost of researching it they won't do it, we can read between the lines, it's embarrasing at times.
    It's how they implement things really, they sent Adam Lucas to Austria to take photos of all the Mountains over there for their Semmeringbahn route a few year's ago, and what did they make for the customer, assets that could be more described as grey bubble wrap as Mountains and they thought it was the bees knees, I'm sure our Austrian trainsimming friends cried buckets when they saw how DTG had reflected the Austrian Alps in the game, I felt sorry for them.

Anyway, I haven't seen anything written yet on any forum, is this TSW2 any different from TSW1, in the restricted gameplay where we can walk for example, and the inability to drive on all the trackwork that DTG have constructed. Watching a video of the Munich route last night, it all looks very nice, but, if we cannot drive on all those sidings then it was a waste of time building them in my opinion, and we have to pay for it all in the price tag, it doesn't look as though anything has changed at all in that regard.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 11-15-2020 at 08:04 AM. Reason: re-edit

Gameplay is pretty much the same Steve, though at least the scenario editor introduces the start of elements of being able to tweak things a bit.
    Vern.

I cannot make head nor tail of the scenario thingie.

I even downloaded a third party guide and still cannot get it to work.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Some guides here...

https://www.hollandhiking.nl/trainsi...orld-downloads

After selecting "Off The Rails" mode, I was able to set up a run with a Class 45 consist from Darlington to Saltburn, it's not that bad if you just follow the workflow. Don't think you can specify times or pick up/set down passengers yet at designated locations*, just stop and go. At least it's more than what Trainz gives us...

*Actually you can, needs to be defined as a passenger service.

Unfortunately they can't be shared or uploaded at present.

Off to set up a Western run on one of the German routes!
    Last edited by NorthernWarrior; 11-15-2020 at 05:15 PM.
    Vern.

Yes thats the site i downloaded from thanks very much, Vern.

Must be me then buddy, i was trying to use the green Brush Type 4 on the Padd route.

Better have another look.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd