Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Train Sim World 2 coming August 6 2020, including Bakerloo Line

Thanks Vern, just wondered as the geezer on YT gets right up my nose.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Thanks Vern, just wondered as the geezer on YT gets right up my nose.

Mike.
    Well it does seem to be all DTG focused. As to selling freeware, well sooner or later might just run foul of DTG or the VAT people on that one.
    Vern.

There was a live community Q&A earlier, didn't see it myself but wondering what the response was. The overall mood on Steam is one of betrayal as the 'future of train simulation' only lasted four or so years.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Well it does seem to be all DTG focused. As to selling freeware, well sooner or later might just run foul of DTG or the VAT people on that one.
    Probably have some excuse for charging subscriptions to access freeware, Vern.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Well there was some sort of live stream last night from DTG and they got an absolute roasting from the guy asking the questions. Looks like TSW2 is most definitely taking a leaf out of N3Vs hymn book and emperor's new clothes no doubt for £40.

How come the small developers such as the guys doing DRS or Derail Valley do a much better job and can actually listen to their customers?!
    Vern.

So, this TSW Q&A was it on Twitch/YouTube, I can't seem to find anything.

Anyway, the fallout has started on various forums, folks unhappy that this editor seems to have become vapourware, and was nicely summed up by one member on the DTG website forum page -
    ''These devs cant even program signals - what makes anyone think they can get a editor working on the older generation of consoles?''

I read that PS5 is going to be released in Q4 2020, will this new TSW version run on it, and are XBox releasing a new console version this year as well, all the gamers will dash out and buy one then find out they can't run TSW2 on it, pandemonium ensues.......I think it's time to get some more popcorn in and a few beers.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Probably because the smaller developer takes pride in his work and listens to suggestions Vern.

N3V & DTG obviously feel they are above reproach and have their collective fingers in their ears.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Believe it or not these big companies do market research, and they have the budget to do it. It sounds like they aren't listening but it's all about moving the mouse down the line for the cat to chase. What is also strange is the die hards are not the core spenders, the casuals are. This happens in professional wrestling and other forms of entertainment.

Smaller companies focus on the die hards because they are interested in their product more than the money. The thing is with smaller companies I've seen evidence that they will listen but they ultimately will go with their vision, and I don't blame them for that. They are manifesting their vision, and will try and please the die hards if it is in line with their vision. But I have seen instances when you are outside that vision they will stick with their own plan. However, you will see more meaningful updates be it their visions or yours. It's always their company.

Pleasing everyone is about going for the most popular items that will draw in return on investment. Nothing surprises me in those instances. Thankfully I've found something for now that is not perfect, but fits what I want the most.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    So, this TSW Q&A was it on Twitch/YouTube, I can't seem to find anything.
    Sorry, I pasted the link into my post but it didn't work, here it is in raw form:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlS-BXQFdjk&t=20s

Interesting factoid from someone on Steam who did watch it: Apparently the PC is the smallest userbase for TSW, which seems to somewhat mitigate them hobbling the product in order to cater to the consoles' specs.

So who is this "Captain Failure", or Sam, does he actually work for DTG or is he some sort of officially approved community liaison? Haven't watched the whole stream yet but he did lay into Matt P towards the end.
    Vern.