Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stop Automatic Switching to Cabview When Train Enters Tunnels?

Hi meeshu,
    In this case it would be more convenient to have an automatic option to prevent views switching from trackside to cab on trains entering tunnels.
    As you've posted in the MSTS Forum, I'm assuming you're referring to views in MSTS, in which case, I'm sure you're well aware that there will NEVER be any modifications/upgrades to that sim!!

Cheers,
    Ged

Keep Safe!!

Not official updates to MSTS, but someone, if so inclined, could create another "bin patch" like MSTS bin patch to enable other viewing options and overriding automatic switching to cab views when trains enter tunnels.

I'm also referring to Open Rails, which is much easier to update.
    Last edited by meeshu; 06-18-2020 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by meeshu View Post
    Not official updates to MSTS, but someone, if so inclined, could create another "bin patch" like MSTS bin patch to enable other viewing options and overriding automatic switching to cab views when trains enter tunnels.

I'm also referring to Open Rails, which is much easier to update.
    You need to understand a little how the bin patch was created. MS never released the source code, hence the creator of the bin patch actually worked on the hex level to tweak and unlock many of the features there in. It was a monumental task and I dare say not something anyone will attempt again.

Open Rails is another story. The source code is freely available for review and modification as required. I made a few small tweaks myself for my own use by downloading the free version of Visual Studio, loading up the OR source code & modifying what I wanted. I have minimal background in coding FYI but the code was easy enough to comprehend for what I wanted to achieve. Perhaps you could take a shot yourself at it!