Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange Sound!?

The following short consist demonstrates the "wup" "wup" sound on my system. But in this case, the sound is not as prominent as the sound is for much longer trains with more locomotives.

It uses the locomotive from here.

The locomotive engine sounds are from here. Using "..\\..\\COMMON.SND\\MLW_710G3CII\\710G3CII_BNSFen g.sms" specifically.

The tanker cars are from here.

The consist is here -

3_sd70ace_33_short_tanks.zip

I don't get wups. I must say. however, that the .sms file you mention requres also sound files from folder common.snd\milw_electrics, and I don't have such folder and it is not included in your pack.

I also don't have the "Milw_electrics" folder nor its associated wav files. The sound pack was created and uploaded by MLW. They didn't seem to include the Milw Electrics files/folders. Furthermore, I've been unable to locate these folders/files elsewhere.

If you don't hear the strange "wup" sound then that suggests there is a problem with my audio card/system in handling locomotive engine sounds(!?) That is unfortunate as I'm not in a position to "upgrade" or test audio cards at this time.

The Milwaukee electrics sounds were made by someone else and although free, cannot be included in the download of another soundset without the authors permission. They can be referenced in a different set though. https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/tslib....ight&fid=19729 is the Milwaukee soundset.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Thanks for the link!

But in my case, I've edited out all references to those MILW_Electrics sounds within the associated sms file. Those MILW_Electric files are not "vital"; they are just supplementary sounds.