Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RunOnRails.com

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Hahahahahaha, web browser function that puts me off.

$16 a year is only around 12 quid, so £1 a month.

Wouldn't get any other game for that money.
    Oh Mike, What are we to do with ya?.
    Your just now discovering, once a railfan, rivet counter, ex-railway employee. Really, harboring any sort of interest, anything related to RRs, &, in any capacity, you become a sucker for life. No ifs, &, or, buts. No getting around it. Welcome to the family.
    Now ya must enjoy hot cocoa, & kitties, to go alongside anything RR, that's a given.

Now I cross the line, venture into ATS land for an hr, or so...lol.... 10-4 Good "Buddy".

The graphics of the Californian route are similar in style to those of Run 8.
    The route is not as detailed but is enjoyable, none-the-less.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I just completed a 55min run from Oro Grande sidings to Barstow.
    Passed several trains heading in the opposite direction and that was a "good thing" because I hadn't needed to generate or despatch them myself.

Other than yard tracks and signals there is no other infrastructure at Barstow; it is barren and bears little resemblance to what we see in MSTS/OR or Run 8.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Intriguing, might have some potential.
    M. Payne

Anyone got Screenshots? "A picture is worth a thousand words..."

Particularly interested in night shots as it's THE weakest area in MSTS/OR bar none.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

No cigar then Bruce, no sale then.

Sorry Scott, changed my mind again.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    No cigar then Bruce, no sale then.

Sorry Scott, changed my mind again.

Oh Mike!, Mike!, Mike!, have no fear, it'll get under the skin eventually. You can turn your nose up at this stage, but, rest assure, it'll happen. All things RR related be in your DNA. Welcome to the dark side. Now, come in out of the cold, sit a spell, sip that cocoa nice & slow, hold kitty while you ponder, should I or. Come on, just get it done already. It's going to happen... lol. Take comfort in knowing not alone in such turmoil.
    Last edited by SMRY; 10-04-2020 at 08:27 AM.

It's American, and clearly states it is a multiplayer game and you need to follow USA Railroad rules, well, that's me out then, and I aint paying 16 bucks before I even download and install it to see what it's like, that's not for me thank you very much......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    It's American, and clearly states it is a multiplayer game and you need to follow USA Railroad rules, well, that's me out then, and I aint paying 16 bucks before I even download and install it to see what it's like, that's not for me thank you very much......

Cheerz. Steve.
    Sour Puss, Myself, Andy & Handsome (Kitties) shall miss ya!. Cocoa's still on just the same. U2, come in outa the cold, sit a spell.

My main railway interest is UK pre-privatisation farce, Can also be narrowed down even more, with only an in depth interest. In the GWR & BR-WR, with interest in North American railroads only coming about from MSTS. As the NA payware always seemed to be better quality and more interesting than the UK payware.
    Yma O Hyd