Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: RunOnRails.com

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Latest update- 2020-11-19 - Version 0.12 deployed
    Thanks, Jason.

I haven't been using RoR recently, concentrating on Run 8 and Open Rails.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I was wondering if that RoR simulator work with other browsers like Chrome or Edge or Brave. Or have to have Firefox browser only to run this simulator. I have not try yet but will after see this message about which browser have to be run on this RoR Simulator. I don't have Firefox but have Edge and Brave.

John

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    I was wondering if that RoR simulator work with other browsers like Chrome or Edge or Brave.....
    I've used it on Firefox and Edge.

If it works using Edge then it should be okay with Chrome, because it now powers Edge.
    Can't speak for Brave, though.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Finally got this. They never responded to my e-mails or anything not much or any support. Not a bad Idea but, as it say's it is not a train simulator. So I'm not sure why it is in here?
    sparkplug

It is a Train Simulator, from the home page-
    "A multiplayer online train driving simulator"
    —————
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by kevhead View Post
    ..... Not a bad Idea but, as it say's it is not a train simulator. So I'm not sure why it is in here?
    It's most certainly a train-driving sim. No two ways about it, mate.

Concerning Edge vs. FireFox, I found that with Edge I had stutters quite a bit. With FireFox it was smooth as silk.

Cheers,

Dave

I use Firefox and it used to run smooth but now it is not smooth and its stuttery, spoils it a bit, not sure if it is something to do with my pc settings or RunOnRails.

Well it actually says on the web page that what it is not and one is a Railroad simulator. Duh. I guess railroads don't use trains any more? LOL. But it is a fun time killer and I'm sure People will like it.
    sparkplug

Quote Originally Posted by kevhead View Post
    Well it actually says on the web page that what it is not and one is a Railroad simulator. .....
    Kev, they are saying that it is not a railroad sim. Note: Railroad.
    And it's not.
    It's a freight-train driving sim.