Thread: Activity Editor and Windows 10

Default Activity Editor and Windows 10

Hello everyone I am reaching out to the MSTS Community here because I am at a dead end and not sure where to go from here. I have checked all the different threads for issues with MSTS, Tools and Editors and Windows 10 and I have tried everything I can think of. I have installed and patched the atiumdag.dll file, changed the compatibility to Windows XP (Service Pack 3) . . (This was what the compatibility troubleshooter recommended) and I still cannot get the Tools and Editors to open. Can anyone give me any other steps to try please?

I am running Windows 10 and have an AMD Radeon R7 200 Series video card.

Thanks
    Mark

Where is your MSTS installed. The full path please.
    Thnx,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Basically AE is useless under Win 10. Even if you can get it to run, it will probably crash as soon as you try to scroll or zoom the mini map.

The solution is to use the editing function of TSRE, combined with the path editor in Open Rails.
    Vern.

Lightbulb MSTS RE is OK running under Win 10

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Basically AE is useless under Win 10. Even if you can get it to run, it will probably crash as soon as you try to scroll or zoom the mini map.

The solution is to use the editing function of TSRE, combined with the path editor in Open Rails.
    Actually that is not the case at all.
    I generated all the activities for the PRR-East v2 using the MSTS Activity Editor running under Windows 10 without any problems.

As for moving around in the map causing a crash pay attention to your video settings. It's a VERY old bug solved years ago bu setting desktop resolution to 32 bit as i recall. A forum (or google) search may turn up the old posts.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"