Thread: Canadian National Tr 517

Default Canadian National Tr 517

Canadian National Train 517 originated in Halifax and worked it's way down to Liverpool where some of it's consist headed west to Middleton and on to Bridgetown, and the remaining cars south to Yarmouth. Stif grades on the line meant the train usually got two or three SW1200RSs assigned.

Before arriving is Yarmouth, 517 stops and switches the Iring Oil tank farm ob Bunker Island.

517 arrives in the short run around along Water St in Yarmouth.

Lifting are reefer off the DAR siding on the south side of Water St.

The gondola will be spotted for H&H Recovery, a scrap metal dealer.

Exchanging empty woodchip cars with loads.

With all the switching completed, the crew runs around their train.

After an hour and a half, they cross Chetbogue Road heading north to Liverpool and Halifax.

Paul :-)

Great Work as Always!
    CG

Thumbs up

I second that Paul.

Do I understand that, other than the CN mainline at Windsor Jct and the CN trackage at Middleton, there will be some additional stretches of CN trackage in v3?

Thanks

Denis

The CN Bedford Sub at Windsor Junction has been stretched from MP 9.0 to MP 20.6, I can't go any farther into Halifax because if I go a few hundred more feet east I round a corner and you can see both Halifax and Dartmouth. Cn trough Middleton stayed the same, about two miles on either side of the DAR, but; like in real life, CN exercises trackage rights and can serve customers in Middleton. There is about two miles or so of CN track into Yarmouth from the east their Yarmouth Sub. SW1200RSs was assigned to the Bedford and Yarmouth way freights, and RSC-24s to the Middleton sub. So, three bits of CN with activities.

Thanks Paul for the info. Have been following the trails with Google from Yarmouth to Halifax. Nature has been reclaiming a lot what CN had before its abandonment in the early eighties.

Will be happy to rework the Activity Generator template project in v3. Have created template projects for the original version and v2.

Denis

Interesting thing about the DAR and CN routes from Halifax to Yarmouth. The DAR route that goes across to the western side of the province before turning south takes 200 miles to get to Yarmouth. The CN route that goes south out of Halifax to Yarmouth takes 246 miles because the keep heading in and out of each cove and inlet. Also been looking at CN route to Yarmouth on Google, but I don't have that many years left in me to do another large route.

A route that you might have time to do that I've always thought of as your kind of route is the Montpelier & Barre in Vermont with all the granite quarries and the steep grade to get there.
    Christopher

I have a shot of a M&B GE 70 Tonner in a cage in a parking lot in Montpelier... like a wild animal, it was just wrong.

I do have another route that I already laid the track for... it comes with a twist!

Just finished running the last activity for the DARv3. I now need to clean things up before it can be posted.

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    A route that you might have time to do that I've always thought of as your kind of route is the Montpelier & Barre in Vermont with all the granite quarries and the steep grade to get there.
    Christopher
    Hi Chris,

Is that the one with a switchback and a 5% grade in Barre? That would be pretty interesting to run.

Denis

.Just finished running the last activity for the DARv3. I now need to clean things up before it can be posted.

Oh good, just running some darv2 activities to get ready!!!!!
    Cheers
    Derek