Thread: Using part of another route in my current route project?

Default Using part of another route in my current route project?

I am currently working on a route project that crosses the Conrail Indianapolis Line route several times. Because of this, I would like to incorporate a large portion of the Conrail Indianapolis Line into my route in order to avoid having to recreate the portions of the route that have already been created. I have attempted to contact the author of the Indianapolis Line route through a message here and by sending him an email to ask for his permission but I have not been able to reach him. I do not see anything in the read me that says that I can not use it. My question is if it is alright to use his route in mine as long as I give him credit for his work since I have not been able to contact him or if I should avoid using it and just recreate the same areas on my own? Eventually I would like to distribute my project here for others to enjoy. What is the proper protocol for this situation, I want to do what is correct? Please let me know if it would be alright to use the route in mine or not. Thank you, George.

Please send me an PM. I have direct contact to the author.

Thanks!
    Dave Edwards

Somewhere in Indiana near the Indianapolis Line

George. Yes, I just spoke to Bruce, and you have his blessing to add on to the route. He just wants to make sure that signals, scenery, etc stay in the 1993-1995 time frame. And If you have better type G signals or crossing signals, OK to use those as well. He also said that anyone who would like to extend or update the route has his permission to do so, as long as everything stays in the 1993-1995 time frame. Ideally, buildings, bridges, etc. should be as close as possible to match what's actually along the line. Can be extended west towards Terre Haute, the Dow secondary can be extended north towards Marion, IN, and the NS lines in Muncie can also be extended to help facilitate AI traffic.
    Last edited by davebridges; 06-19-2020 at 08:56 AM.