Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Read My Lips - There Will Never Be An Editor

Interesting I thought Transport Fever 2 was a good one. The only reason I don't like it is because you can't have overtakes of higher priority equipment. Also you always see the same cars but it is a tycoon game.

Rolling Line is more of a model railroad but it works pretty good but limited to only so much content. You can skin things but not make your own models which looks kind of funky in some applications.

I am thinking of uninstalling something soon as I need the space Need to burn all my downloads to a CD or DVD first.

Thanks

Sean

Just lost interest in them Sean. Happens a lot with me, buy in haste and repent at leisure

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

As to coming clean: they already have a very unhappy fan base, this is the only way to retain some of them by telling the facts as they know them. In my opinion there will not be a big rush to purchase it by current players. There may be in a few weeks of release.
    One of the many reasons Dovetail Games gave are "legal" reasons for limiting the editor only to partners. One would think that this was known when DTG firse negotiated a license. As far as the reskinner/livery maker is it only to make custom paint jobs and will you be able to add logos to rolling stock and locomotives shch as BNSF? We all are aware of regional blocked content.
    Running TS2019 64 bit on Intel I7 6700K, ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB, 16 GB Corsair DDR-4 3200, Samsung 500 GB 960 EVO M.2 drive for TS2019 Windows 10 Pro X64, Ralidriver running with TS2019 Interface by Cobra One.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Still there we have it, TSW and TSW2 are the latter day Densha De Go's, but without the quirkiness and fun of the Japanese train simming style.
    Densha De GO! was always an arcade game with an emphasis on production values and a challenge based on scoring and repetition, it wasn't as much of a simulator as there were only ever a few different trains doing very specific runs on the few routes you got. With that said, each run was carefully designed by hand to provide an interesting, immersive experience, with tons of other traffic around, "racing' or overtaking trains on adjacent tracks, and so forth. It still holds up well today because of how much there is to see and do, and the stiff challenge designed to munch arcade tokens.

TSW pretends to be a simulation and this sort of challenge, but doesn't quite get there with either. I've always said that a big problem with games is if there's too many 'why can't I...' questions about the gameplay that are not satisfied by '...it doesn't matter, being able to do this is so much fun, it makes up for it'.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanSteam View Post
    As far as the reskinner/livery maker is it only to make custom paint jobs and will you be able to add logos to rolling stock and locomotives shch as BNSF? We all are aware of regional blocked content.
    It's an interesting question. American/European Truck Simulator both have user-made mods for real company names, and the official sharing pages for games like Forza Motorsport (which had a decal-based livery editor very similar to what I think is being planned here) were full of user-made renditions of real company logos and designs. It makes me think that it's something of a loophole, if it's made by users and shared and not charged for, it's more 'acceptable'. Heck, I think Maximum Football 2018 and 2019 didn't have a CFL licence (they tried but there was no interest from the leagues) but the developers themselves heavily hinted that their built-in editor could be used by enterprising users to type in the real rosters, team names and logos/uniforms which then could be shared.