Thread: Adding pieces of track in Tsection.dat

Default Adding pieces of track in Tsection.dat

Could someone please let me know how can I add pieces of track to the Tsection.dat?? Is there a tutorial or some guide to do that??

I would add curves using US3 tracks...

I will appreciate any help

Thanks and regards

Rodrigoville...

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

Hi Rodrigo,

I am the current custodian of tsection.
    What is it that you wish added to tsection?
    Cheers
    Derek

Hello thanks for replying...

I would like to duplicate all a1t curves and some straight pieces but named as us3_a1t

The curves type degrees 120, 150, 190, 250, 300, 375, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, with their respective variables of length 1, 5, 10, 20

Straight pieces 1mt, 3mts, 5mts, 7mts, 10mts, 20mts, 50mts, 100mts, 200mts, 250mts, 500mts

Example.. current ones are a1t120r1 I would like to have them replicated as us3_a1t120r1... Etc...

Is it possible to have an idea in how to duplicate them in tsection I could try...

I appreciate your response

Thanks and regards

I would like to duplicate only pieces for 1 track... only "a1t...."

Thanks

Hi Rodrigo,

My role here is to give you the numbers that you can use to populate tsection.
    You need to provide the shape files and the tsection entries

To allocate the numbers, I need the numbers of shapes and sections that you need.

I need a tested tsection with all of your pieces, so that I can merge your entries into the master tsection. then I will post a new version of tsection for all to use.

If you need help, someone here with route building expertise will have to post here.
    Cheers
    Derek

Hello Derek.

I already identified the US3 tracks needed listed in the attached files as "US3_Pieces needed.txt" I am starting to understand about tsection topic, I don't know what is #tsection entries"???

Is there a email where i can share my tsection.dat file i tried to upload it here but it exceeds the size limit..

I will appreciate any guidance,

Thanks and regards

rodrigoville
    Attached Files Attached Files

derek at leder.com.au

Do you have the shape files already done?
    Cheers
    Derek

I don't think you gentlemen understand how DBtracks/UStracks works. You create routes using XTRACKS (which the Tsection already covers) and then you substitute any one of 8 track styles (DB1-4, US1-4, berms or no-berms) *and any theoretical combination thereof*. The system was not designed to require any tsection entries specific to DB1, DB2, DB3, DB4, US1, US2, US3 or US4 when you first build using Xtracks and then open up the World Files and substitute the prefix for any of the 8 possibilities. You simply cannot make tsection entries for any one, you would need to do them ALL, and that would ultimately lead to an exponential number of Tsection entries if his crazy line of thinking was ever pursued. This is why Norbert originally designed the US/DB "system" to be DROP-IN REPLACEMENT oriented (build using fixed, old, fat Kuju Rail Xtracks, then substitute any one or all 8 of his shape styles in any world files). He didn't want to blow out the Tsection needlessly for all the combinations and track styles he had envisioned in his head.

Since all of the DB/US pieces were never built before his untimely demise, if you desire to use his elaborate track system, you need to be aware of what pieces are readily available (compare needed Xtracks pieces to the chart of available revised track pieces on his website) during route construction phase and build accordingly without using Xtracks pieces where no DB/US alternatives exist - OR - on the back side, work with track developers to add these missing DB/US pieces as you come across any need for them in your route building.

Nobody is doing this group any favors when they try to carve out handling exceptions for US3 style only.
    Last edited by geepster775; 06-20-2020 at 09:48 PM.