Thread: Modified Bridge Line

Default Modified Bridge Line

Upgraded MLT Bridge Line with Mike Sinclairs Trees and some replacement houses from ET. Stock Clubvalleypass and BLW D&H Passenger set.

Click to Enlarge

Bridge Line C424_1.jpg

Bridge Line C424_2.jpg

Bridge Line PA Pass_1.jpg

Bridge Line PA Pass_2.jpg

Bridge Line PA Pass_3.jpg
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Geoff -- You sure did a good job with your nice modified route. Thanks for posting your screenshots here.

John

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    Geoff -- You sure did a good job with your nice modified route. Thanks for posting your screenshots here.

John
    No NOT me! All credit to Mike Sinclair's patches for the route.

Fired on by his "concept" I decided to look at the buildings in the route.

NOW! Let's be clear here before any "fanboy" goes for my jugular... This was a VERY early add on route for MSTS and I bought everything they did up to Cascades Crossing (others since but that's another story) and it's easy to forget now how poorly the hardware handled MSTS back then and just how careful route builders had to be to make sure their creativity didn't bring the users experience to a stuttering jerky ERROR pop up!!!

However we've moved on. Better hardware, BIN for MSTS, Open Rails etc. etc. So when I looked at the buildings in Shape Viewer I was horrified at how silly and "toy town" they looked. BUT.... BUT!!! Imagine my amazement when I looked at Mullans Pass only to find that STILL some of these appalling buildings were being used . Now I'm not a route builder and my ventures into RE have been few. In any case the same buildings were all over the Bridge Line. I neither have time, expertise nor patience to replace them one by one. So the obvious solution was to download some of the excellent scenery objects here and at Elvas Tower and compare their "footprint" with the MLT models. It's rather laborious (but quicker than RE) to rename suitable shapes to correspond with the names in the MLT route. Obviously you need to copy all the texture files over too.

Does it work? Well up to a point. Obviously in RE you can position objects and orientate them specifically. Drop me a line if you've the time and knowledge to do that! LOL! The fact is there are more buildings in the MLT route than you might expect at first glance. There are NOT enough freeware replacements to cover all of them. So after "turning" some in Shape Viewer (2.5) I did the renaming and ran checks in RR.

The individual models are really rather good. Subbing their names to fit the route... uuurh well some work well, some not so well.

Finally I played around with some of the textures of the trees and buildings to make them "blend" a bit better with the route's textures.

I had to dull and desaturate some of Miles trees to make them slightly less "stick out" but basically without the time and effort of Mike and the buildings creators I'd have had nothing to tweak.

SO... ALL CREDIT to them.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK