Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DARv3 Missing Consist File

The service file, CP_Extra_8133_South_AI2, is still looking for CP_Gypsum Train_AI2empty.con, when I changed it to CP_Extra_8133_South_AI2 the problen went away.

Hi Paul,
    With respect, you have supplied a 'replacement' consist for the CP_Gypsum_Train_AI2empty consist but it is never used!! This is because, although you have supplied new .act files, the consist is specified in the CP_Extra_8133_South_AI2 Service file, which has NOT been changed.

Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by slipperman; 06-28-2020 at 05:34 AM.

OK Ged,

I think this should do it. The zip includes the first three files plus the Service, Path, and Traffic files from the activity. Just tested it on my Windows 10 laptop and it opened fine after I replaced the three files.

DARv3_FIX2.zip

Paul

Thumbs up

Paul,

Looks good on my side.

Thanks again

Denis

Thanks Denis.

Paul :-)

Yep! That's cracked it. 100% Error free
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Hi Paul,
    Thanks, mate

Although for experienced users, it was a straight-forward edit there are many who are unwilling, or unable, to delve into the innards of the various files associated with activities!!

Cheers,
    Ged

Sorry that tool so long, too many things going on and not thinking things through.

It took me three years to make the Conn River route, I put out 23 betas to 13 people over those three years and when I started making activities I started noticing obvious mistakes like a bridge on the mainline that was turned 90 degrees from the track. I sent an email to the 13 beta testers asking why no one noticed this and 6 replied that they had never had time in the three years to test any of the betas... so I pretty much stopped relying on anyone else to test anything. Might have to rethink that one.

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    Sorry that tool so long, too many things going on and not thinking things through.

It took me three years to make the Conn River route, I put out 23 betas to 13 people over those three years and when I started making activities I started noticing obvious mistakes like a bridge on the mainline that was turned 90 degrees from the track. I sent an email to the 13 beta testers asking why no one noticed this and 6 replied that they had never had time in the three years to test any of the betas... so I pretty much stopped relying on anyone else to test anything. Might have to rethink that one.

I played a small part in the Development team that supported Mick Clarke's Mid East Plus UK Route Paul and that had a large team of Beta testers with a dedicated private forum courtesy of UKTS along with a download facility dedicated to modification so that members of the group could regularly update stuff. It took 6 years to complete and because of that all sorts of issues, real life, computer melt downs, HDD failures etc.etc. it was difficult to keep up. However one guy in particular, sadly no longer with us, tested EVERY activity and wrote timed reports on all of them. He'd usually completed testing before most of the team had had a chance to look! As the route came with over 100 included activities that was some effort. Even then errors got past.

However dedicated beta testers are there's always going to be something that gets missed until "the great unwashed" get their mits on it...

Sadly also in that 6 years RW developed into TS and OR was still in development. By the time UKTS released the work on DVD's (too big to download for most folk back then) a massive % of the UK trainsim community had jumped ship to DTG.

But hey with routes like DAR and Conn River and OR to run them in I'll always be eternally grateful for your efforts Paul.

Every error is just part of a learning curve and I've picked up a couple of new skills and downloaded another of Ged's great utilities.

Thanks again
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK