Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DARv3 FIX Files

Hi Gentlemen,
    @Paul : I must come Geoff's defence here! I have installed the route and stock this afternoon (3 hours ago) and the SOUND folder for the CN_SW1200RSs DOES contain files CN_1290eng.sms and CN_1290.wag.sms! He has admitted that he doesn't know much about sounds so I can assure you that he hasn't tinkered (at least not with these files!).

@Geoff : Although the sounds look odd, to us as humans and, strictly speaking is probably wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the coding. It will work without any problems - it doesn't have to point to its own folder, so long as the path is legitimate. As for CB reporting errors - I've just run the payware version and it hasn't reported those as errors (because they are NOT ). It would be interesting to see the report you're getting!!

Cheers,
    Ged

So I just had a look at the CN_SW1200RS folder I have running on my Windows 7 machine, this is where everything I build is created. I copy this and put in in a folder called MSTS Uploads, and there I zip it up to upload to the library. My working file does not have these to sms files that Geoff names and now you also have. The file I moved that became the upload has a completely different Sound folder containing only 33 files, which do have these two sms files, not the 49 files that should be there.

Simplest solution would be to delete the SOUND folder in the CN_SW1200RSs folder, then copy the Sound folder in the CP_SWu_pk and paste it into the CN folder.

So, how does that happen?

Paul

Right it's too late here now so I'll continue with this tomorrow.

Paul you have to understand that everything I have is as downloaded from the required files list and comes straight from the library.

I Haven't TINKERED with anything. Further more as I've outlined at length ALL that is in my folder for the route is from the route download or straight from the named zips in the library so nothing in my install of the route can have affected that.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

"OK Update! A long slog but Conbuilder pinpoints the missing/wrongly placed .engs. Having established that the current download of the CP SW1200's was newer and having noted that the loco's all have the suffix v2 after their number, I merely added the v2 and changed the source in the Consist Text file. "

Sorry, but to me that sounds like you've renamed files from CPSW10pk by adding v2 even though you say right in this quote that you know they are different, but you changed them anyway... is this not correct?

Paul

Hi Paul,
    My apologies - I hadn't seen that post from Geoff. I've looked in the library but have no idea where the 'v2' pack is!! I can, therefore, make no comment as to the suitability of that download. My usual procedure is to follow the author's instructions 'to the letter' to ensure the product works as intended and only then to make any personal changes. I had no trouble with your instructions, except for a couple of "double folders", which weren't really a problem! However, authors of soundsets and those who include other author's soundsets with their stock, should really fully test them! There are so many occasions where incorrect aliasing is used, or no aliasing present where it should be, or conversely, aliasing where there shouldn't be any ... and don't get me started on missing (often MSTS default) files!!

Your suggestion of replacing the SOUND folder of CN_SW1200RSs with that from CP_SWu_pk seems to work OK, except that OR reports a missing Stream in sw1200eng.sms (but that's probably not your responsibility!).

Cheers,
    Ged

RIGHT.

As predicted the sound "reported errors" are now all fixed. Copying the CP SW1200's SOUND folder into (and OVERWRITING) the Sound folder in the CN SW1200's removed most of the errors.

Some errors were reported by Conbuilder for the RDC files but I THINK that was Conbuilder being nit picky about case... I say that because I noticed differences in the suggested sources of the errors. I ran the SMS FIX utility in RR. Retested in Conbuilder and there are now NO sound errors reported.

The ONLY persistent error report now is this: Ged's post #11 in the other thread....

DARv3 Missing Consist File
    Geoff
    UK

If Conbuilder is reporting errors while trying to get the RDCs into MSTS it will never get corrected, they are for Open Rail only, I was never able to find the cause of them not running in MSTS and am getting too old to care.

Seeing as post 11 is my post and not Ged's, I have no idea what the error would be.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    If Conbuilder is reporting errors while trying to get the RDCs into MSTS it will never get corrected, they are for Open Rail only, I was never able to find the cause of them not running in MSTS and am getting too old to care.
    Well the Conbuilder Error was about the .sms files and when I used SMS Fix in RR it seems to have cleared them. Least ways Con Builder gives all stock a clean bill of health with zero errors now.

I just tried the RDC's out in MSTS and they're running fine?

Seeing as post 11 is my post and not Ged's, I have no idea what the error would be.
    Paul
    WRONG THREAD

I was referring to #11 in the thread "DARv3 Missing Consist File"

Right now I'm enjoying the RDC 1st act and again just blown away at how good the route looks .
    Geoff
    UK

So are these the new RDCs or the old RDCs?

Paul

So are these the new RDCs or the old RDCs?

Paul
    Good question? I just ran DARv3_Tr_1 in Open Rails and after your comment tried it in MSTS. So they're whichever you chose for that activity?

I'll try and explore in MST using a DAYLINER model as opposed to a CP RDC model and report back.
    Last edited by lateagain; 06-28-2020 at 12:05 PM.
    Geoff
    UK