Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DAR V3 RSC-24 Locomotive Cab-View

Default DAR V3 RSC-24 Locomotive Cab-View

Hello, just got around to running one of the activities in the new DAR V3 and this is the view from the cab. This is the first time I have used any of these Locomotives. Outside views are all normal, just the Inside View is not right.

Any suggestions before I start messing up? It happens to be #1803.

Here is what I am seeing:
    DAR Locomotive CNR #1803 RSC-24.jpg

I take it you are using MSTS and Not Open Rails? There is a definait difference between the two programs and other then making two sets of cabview files there isn't anything else I can do about it.

This is the last time I'm make any attempt to get a route to run in both sims, it's just a lot of extra time involved.

Paul

Nope, all I have is Open Rails. You make such great and unique models, your SW's are fine, I have used them without any issues as well as the Amtrak German Turbo.

I will do some experimenting with some of the RS Unit cabs I have on hand.

Do not beat yourself up over this, it is juts a Cab-View, and something will work just as well. Some of these cab views get so complicated to install and use, not your fault. The new and old routes you have done are great and work a treat in OR even on my old machine.

Maybe it is time to do away with MSTS Compatible and go for Open Rails Only. The Nay-Sayers will always have something to say, ignore them, at least for a bit.

Don Leblanc a person who really enjoys your work and appreciates your efforts! Have a Beer, Tea, Coffee, Water, Rye - whatever and relax.

You on a laptop Don? I'm running the same activity right now on a Windows 7 machine with a 3 x 4 monitor and nothing wrong. I'll have a look on this laptop and see what I can see.

Paul :-)

It's fine here on this Windows 10 laptop, my monitor settings are at 1024x768 pixels,, check yours and change it to this to see if that makes a difference.

Try this,I altered the .cvf file by adjusting the position RS3Cab.cvf Position ( 1.05 3.70 -4.30 )

Nope, Desk-Top and that is the only view that is messed up. All the other views are fine.
    OS= Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0.18363)
    I am using OR Version = X1.3.1-185-g660c677dBuild = 0.0.7475.33192 (2020-06-19 18:26:24Z)
    Logfile = C:\Users\Dontl\Desktop\OpenRailsLog.txt
    Executable = RunActivityLAA.exe

Maybe that helps? I am going to try the stable version of OR and see if that makes a difference. I will also try bennycdn's suggestion first then play around with it.

Thank you
    Last edited by Don6218; 06-24-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Doesn't matter if it's a desk top or laptop, it's the video setting in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bennycdn View Post
    Try this,I altered the .cvf file by adjusting the position RS3Cab.cvf Position ( 1.05 3.70 -4.30 )
    You also need to edit the direction line to Direction ( 5 -15 0 )
    Charles

There's no reason to edit the cvf file at all, you just need to change the monitor setting in OR Options, it has no effect on the set of the game.

Paul