Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DAR V3 RSC-24 Locomotive Cab-View

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    There's no reason to edit the cvf file at all, you just need to change the monitor setting in OR Options, it has no effect on the set of the game.

Paul
    Using original CVF file. Changed OR Options Video Tab Window Size to 1024 x 768. Now Cabview looks like Don reported in post#1.
    Charles

Here's what I see with my cvf file and the same 1024x768 pixel settings, so there is something else at Don's end that needs to be changed.

Paul :-)

Found the cause. In Video, look at you Viewing Vertical (FOV). Mine has been set to 60 for ever. If I raise that to 100 I do not see any of the long hood. If I lower it to 40 I see what you see, the open end of the hood, but a little more open, so I would guess yours is set to 50, try 60 and see if that helps.

Found the cause. In Video, look at you Viewing Vertical (FOV). Mine has been set to 60 for ever. If I raise that to 100 I do not see any of the long hood. If I lower it to 40 I see what you see, the open end of the hood, but a little more open, so I would guess yours is set to 50, try 60 and see if that helps.

Hey, a bit of fiddling but I found a setting that seems to work for me, changed the same line as bennycdn recommended but here is what I settled on:
    CabViewWindow ( 0 0 1024 768 )
    CabViewWindowFile ( "" )
    Position ( 1.05 3.70 -4.10 )
    Direction ( 5 -20 0 )
    I do not like changing aspects of the computer screen when it is fine for the majority of my use and for my install of OR.
    New View:
    DAR Locomotive CNR #1803 RSC-24-2.jpg

Here's what I see with my cvf file and the same 1024x768 pixel settings, so there is something else at Don's end that needs to be changed.

That is what I get with the CVF File edited as below at 1024x768 or at 1360x768

Edited CVF (edits Bolded)
    [email protected]@@@@@@@@@JINX0h0t______

Tr_CabViewFile (
    CabViewType ( 2 )
    CabViewFile (../../CN_RSC-24s/CabView/RS3_Front_1024_NW.ace )
    CabViewWindow ( 0 0 1024 768 )
    CabViewWindowFile ( "" )
    Position ( 1.05 3.70 -4.30 )
    Direction ( 5 -15 0 )
    Charles

I had FOV set at 45. Used Original CVF, set Vertical FOV to 60: Good no hole in long hood. But how does changing VERTICAL adjust what is visable in the Horizontal??????????
    Charles

It all looks fine for me. I changed those numbers and it worked out. Thank you Charles for your suggestions, Paul produces some really great products, it just pains me when something small like this does not work out, after all of his hard work.

So far the route is Fantastic! Just waiting for the RDC to pass by, so I can do my switching! Great job Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    It all looks fine for me. I changed those numbers and it worked out. Thank you Charles for your suggestions, Paul produces some really great products, it just pains me when something small like this does not work out, after all of his hard work.

So far the route is Fantastic! Just waiting for the RDC to pass by, so I can do my switching! Great job Sir!
    But changing the Vertical FOV is easier than finding out what position works and editing the Position line in the CVF.
    Charles

"But how does changing VERTICAL adjust what is visable in the Horizontal??????????"

It's magic.

:-)

It is PAUL CHARLAND MAGICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    E.T.& W.N.C./Linville River Railroad "The Doe River Route"
    Bill Stevens - - Knoxville, TN