Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DAR SW1200 Cabviews>

Default DAR SW1200 Cabviews>

Well on my 16x9 monitor the existing Front cab view was looking down into the cab and the rear one was also looking down at the track.

The latter was simple it only required a modification to the figures in the CVF file.

I had a go at distorting/correcting the front view and placing the driver with a useful front view.

Unfortunately that of course is where the greater skills in cabview building come in. Now all the controls, switches and dial needles all need repositioning too.

If any cabview builder wants to take up that challenge I'll happily share what I've done so far, which still needs some tweaking with the Alpha channel.

Tiffin time here now and time for a cool drink.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Seeing as the cabview was made for a 4x3 monitor, you might want to have a look at your Open Rails monitor settings. I have mine set to 1-24 x 768 and my FOV set to 60 and this is what I see:

Paul

Geoff,
    Compare the location of the Needles and the Throttle handle in your pic with the Needles and the Throttle in Paul's pic.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    Seeing as the cabview was made for a 4x3 monitor, you might want to have a look at your Open Rails monitor settings. I have mine set to 1-24 x 768 and my FOV set to 60 and this is what I see:

Paul
    Yet again I see no image Paul ....and yet yours seem to be the ONLY images I can't see

BUT lets forget that.

THE one big plus that Open Rails gave us (before the MSTS patch) was the ability to enjoy routes in CORRECT aspect ratio in wide screen (16x9) monitors.

NOW we all know that 99% of the stock folk are running in Open Rails was originally modelled for MSTS and therefore Cab Views were all created for that Sims 4x3 aspect ratio.

I guess I need to put some cards on the table in this discussion.

1) I have NO interest in seeing controls in a Cabview. See SLI's Cabviews for what I'm on about. When you drive your car you KNOW where the controls are and you never look at them? You just USE them. What you do (if you're a safe driver) is look at the view out of the window because that is what you MUST concentrate on?

2) The only thing that OR cannot correct in Widescreen mode is the Cabview. It's stretched. So are my modifications above.

3) What open rails DOES allow you to do is raise or lower your view in the front view.

4) There is a suggestion as to how you can correct the "stretched" cabviews for Open Rails. REALITY CHECK GUYS..... IF I set about doing that for the hundreds of cabviews I must have..... well fixing cab views would take ALL my hobby time?! ...so I can live with a stretched view AS LONG as I can see what the driver would be expected to be able to see.

....so having laid my cards on the table I'm aware that many folk DON'T run OR or MSTS in widescreen format. Their choice, just like I'll always drink Tea instead of Coffee.... simple.

So my mod is not for those who are happy with the view in 4x3. It's to give a better DRIVERS view for 16x9.

Sadly Charles I can't see Paul's picture so I don't understand the significance of that. Obviously I've had the view in Photoshop and corrected the Verticals. Obviously that has moved the base image out of line with the carefully placed controls in the original. That can be corrected but as I've zero experience of building cab views I figured that anyone who did could fix that quicker than it'll take me to find the tutorial on how to do it. Just getting the drivers head position and the cab front in as near to a realistic position as possible took me an hour or so of trial and error.
    Geoff
    UK

>Yet again I see no image Paul ....and yet yours seem to be the ONLY images I can't see

You are the only one that cannot see the images!!

Check your house first.
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    >Yet again I see no image Paul ....and yet yours seem to be the ONLY images I can't see

You are the only one that cannot see the images!!

Check your house first.
    Amazing that you know exactly what EVERYONE else can see Derek. I bow to your superpower. Perhaps that Superpower can explain why I have no issues with seeing any other images..... Perhaps it might then come back to the topic? Of course if you wanted to be helpful you could copy the image I can't see (for whatever reason) and re-post it in the thread?

BTW did you bother to read my response to Charles point?
    Geoff
    UK

Is anyone else mentioning a problem?

You are always very quick to blame other people for things.

The internet is a network of many parts and sometimes small parts of it have problems that only seem to effect us.

Cheers
    Derek

Is anyone else mentioning a problem?

You are always very quick to blame other people for things.

The internet is a network of many parts and sometimes small parts of it have problems that only seem to effect us.

I haven't BLAMED anyone!!!!! I merely said I cannot see the image. I further stated that I don't have a problem seeing any other images. TWO FACTS. Where's the blame?

Perhaps you'd like to help me fix something that doesn't seem to be broke my end? It may well be something my end but I'm at a loss to see what when I have no other issues with other posts or any other site come to that.
    Geoff
    UK

Paul posts his images to imgbox.com, which I trace to Holland.

For whatever reason, YOU are having trouble reaching imgbox.com.
    Cheers
    Derek

Paul posts his images to imgbox.com, which I trace to Holland.

For whatever reason, YOU are having trouble reaching imgbox.com.
    Thanks Derek.

imgbox.com was the weak link. A quick Google threw up scores of "issues" with imgbox BUT thankfully also the simple solution.

Basically once I cleared the Cache in Chrome Paul's pictures all appeared.

Back to the Cab.....

I wasn't getting anything like Pauls shots so obviously I hadn't set something up in OR. I'll go back and check the original view but I'm a bit puzzled that Paul's shots show a widescreen shot when I understood (misunderstood?) he was running the Sim 4x3. I mention this as the only thing I didn't change was the FOV. Obviously as the shot shows setting any FOV has a different effect in 4x3 and 16x9 so what would I put in the variable box ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Geoff
    UK