Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Friscorr.com

I thought it was Cody's (can't remember last name) development of his older site; I think it was supposed to be for convenience you could use your Trainsim username to easily set up a new account/password.

The Frisco routes weren't my major interest so I never bothered setting up an account there; I just recall this from threads here several years ago.

Admittedly, bulletin board software of all kinds has had numerous security issues of the years, so it's often safest to use different passwords for different sites, and be careful how much real-world information you share anywhere. That's just the state of the internet today, unfortunately.

MSTS-Roundhouse

On hiatus and moving to a new host -- Probably in 2021
    (Because 2020 has turned out to be b0rked beyond belief...
    )

It's not a phishing site. The login database is tied directly to the T-S database, so if you change you details on T-S, it changes the login details on the website.

The wrong password on this site is the wrong password on friscorr.com.

Someone can confirm this better than I can.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

I sure don't recall anything in the Trainsim.com legal-eze that stated my login credentials for here would be synced or linked with any other MSTSey website, so I doubt there is any approved coordination originating here. Not to mention how outright DUMB that would be in the age of you-kno-who. I wouldn't consent to that anymore than with coordinating login credemtials with ET or Mophouse or any of the other fly-by-nite MSTSey websites that come and go over the years.

I'm probably wrong with regards to what I said above. My apologies.

Could Cody (grundge69) please come out and explain himself? I know he's a somewhat active member, and the website link is in his signature.
    Last edited by SD40-2; 06-28-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Although I haven't logged on to Frisco.com in a while, it is absolutely true that it shares the same username and password credentials as trainsim.com. But Frisco.com didn't always use trainsim.com credentials. Up until mid-2015 it shared credentials with the Mophouse. That was because some of the routes listed at the Mophouse were actually posted for download at Frisco.com. After the Mophouse went dark, the logon page was changed to what is there now, asking for our Trainsim.com credentials. That arrangement worked fine for five years, until this week.

And now, as of this evening, Frisco.com is a community site advertising businesses and services in the vicinity of Frisco Texas.

So, that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by dcarleton View Post
    And now, as of this evening, Frisco.com is a community site advertising businesses and services in the vicinity of Frisco Texas.

So, that's that.
    ????????????? I STILL get the same login as before. It is FriscoRR.com Not Frisco.com.
    Charles

That's embarrassing - You're right Charles, I typed it wrong!

But were you able to log in?

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    I sure don't recall anything in the Trainsim.com legal-eze that stated my login credentials for here would be synced or linked with any other MSTSey website, so I doubt there is any approved coordination originating here. Not to mention how outright DUMB that would be in the age of you-kno-who. I wouldn't consent to that anymore than with coordinating login credemtials with ET or Mophouse or any of the other fly-by-nite MSTSey websites that come and go over the years.
    "Fly by night" ??? I don 't think so!
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

I spoke with Cody earlier today about the login problem. As of 4 pm CST, the site responds for me as it should.
    Last edited by frankoburns; 06-30-2020 at 05:37 PM.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!