Thread: Converting .S to a maya supported extension?

Default Converting .S to a maya supported extension?

Hello.

I just got ahold of a copy of Maya 2016, hoping to make some models for MSTS, but I was wondering if there was any way I could convert an S file to something I can modify in Maya?

Thanks

Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by trainbot1 View Post
    Hello.

I just got ahold of a copy of Maya 2016, hoping to make some models for MSTS, but I was wondering if there was any way I could convert an S file to something I can modify in Maya?

Thanks

Matt.
    Not possible as far as I'm aware...Maya won't export to an MSTS "S" file...It has a HUGE learning curve as well..(I know)...If you want to make MSTS models, you need to learn how to use Trainsim Modeler....its FREE and a whole lot easier on the learning curve....
    One more note: It is not acceptable to decompile or otherwise reverse engineer someone else's shapefile EXCEPT for your own personal use There are a dozen reasons why thats wrong which I won't go into.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Or you can model in Maya/Lightwave/3DS Max, export to *.3ds format, import the completed file to TSM or Gmax, and finally re-export to the MSTS *.s format. It's better to go through a few extra import/export steps than to give up the power of a more capable modeling program.
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

can u tell me how u export in msts from maya