Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loco Railroad Model Railway - Early Access

Default Loco Railroad Model Railway - Early Access

Yma O Hyd

Might be fun. Wonder if they will do more than UK content, or provide community add-ons.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Railroad AND Railway in the title, to mitigate confusion or cause it?

The brief shot of the pannier tank sitting idle in the sunshine looked almost photo-real at first glimpse.

I purchased it and then 35 mins later requested a refund.

First time asking for a refund on Steam.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Oh dear, what was wrong?

Very basic at the moment, Steve. Couldn't see myself getting much use out of it at this early stage buddy.

Bought myself OMSI 2 and a couple of DLC instead, as it has a 30% off sale.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Oh well, maybe in time...

OMSI 2 is a worthy purchase. Just the base game and Berlin X-10 is hours of fun. I have the Chicago add-on which is a nice change and closer to home, but the performance isn't great and there's a couple of spots where the vehicle paths are screwy, so you'll have cars changing lanes into the side of you. Don't be tempted by the tram add-on, it's not very good at all.

There's a lot of these sorts of titles rocking up at the moment.

I will go by Mike's verdict and put it on the watch list for now. Could be an alternative to Trainz for building virtual models later on, but you can't find time for every sim that comes out.

Sounds like I might have to try OMSI 2 - the last bus sim I bought was that Fernbus, which was pretty dreadful though I think OMSI is slightly more professionally put together.
    Vern.

OMSI 2 is great, as I said, but the tutorials aren't the best - it's very easy to get stuck unsure of what you need to be doing in order to make it progress to the next step (not least of all because it includes a detailed section on adjusting the heaters!)

It's modelled almost down to the last rivet, though, which is quite an accomplishment, and the sound and feel of each bus is superb. It's almost all about local bus routes within the city, though, not long distance coach runs on the highway, the engine isn't really meant for that. Since LOTUS' development is quite protracted, no shame picking it up in a sale.

The "Bus Company Simulator" add on is basically a structured Virtual Airline-style system that gives you a job board to pick your next drive up from, and the ability to join online bus companies if you want that, too. Not entirely dissimilar to Derail Valley, and it includes a licencing/maintenance fee structure, as well.

OMSI 2 is very demanding, it is going to take me a bit of time and effort.

To get to grips with everything, but loving the old MAN decker. Very much like the Bristol VR's i used to drive.

The LOCO game might amount to something in the long run, but it's not for me at the moment, boys.

I saw the Bus Company addon Steve, but it's not for me. I got the base game, the Bad Hügelsdorf 2020 addon route and the Coachbus 250 bus addon.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd