Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loco Railroad Model Railway - Early Access

Looks like I bought OMSI 2 last year then refunded, not sure why. Anyhow purchased again for another go. That and Derail Valley plus the truck sims plenty to keep me occupied - especially as I got bored with (read stuck!) the Command & Conquer Remastered edition.
    Vern.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, fancy getting stuck in C&C Vern.

Sorry buddy but that is funny.

Perhaps you didn't like the graphics Vern, low res compared to the truck sims.

The tutorials can be a bit up in the air, because the translation to english is a bit hit and miss with some explanations.

Determined to persevere though, as i love buses. There are UK buses as well, most freeware i believe. Plus a West Country fictional and Yorkshire fictional routes, both freeware. I think the S.E. London line has fallen by the wayside. But there are LT bus mods, including an RM.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Yes, I was looking at OMSI2, will need to do a bit of research before taking the plunge. I also saw a motorbike simulator in the offing very soon, which looked quite good from the Steam prequel video, American Motorcycle Simulator, or, if you prefer, Hells Angels R Us, that might be something worth looking into in the future, riding around on a Hog wearing leathers and playing Darts in a pub, that does sound like fun.....

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    Yes, I was looking at OMSI2, will need to do a bit of research before taking the plunge. I also saw a motorbike simulator in the offing very soon, which looked quite good from the Steam prequel video, American Motorcycle Simulator, or, if you prefer, Hells Angels R Us, that might be something worth looking into in the future, riding around on a Hog wearing leathers and playing Darts in a pub, that does sound like fun.....

Cheerz. Steve.
    I refunded OMSI 2, Steve - see my comments in the other thread.

I remember an old motorcycle game called Road Rash but it was more of an arcade fighting/racing title than a simulation.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I refunded OMSI 2, Steve - see my comments in the other thread.
    Thanks for that Vern, I'll probably stick to my trucks for the time being, then.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

I am starting to think the same Steve, waste of £45 notes.

Just requested a refund, not sure if i am allowed with 40 mins played.

Also Vern any idea what happens to the DLC please buddy ?

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

40 mins should be within the 2 hour "buy and try" deadline. Not sure about DLC, you would probably have to request that as individual refunds.
    Vern.

Thanks Vern, appreciate the info buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I remember an old motorcycle game called Road Rash but it was more of an arcade fighting/racing title than a simulation.
    Real rider here (currently not riding due for real life reasons): The last great Road Rash game (Road Rash 3D on the PS1) was still probably the best real open-road biking game until Test Drive Unlimited came along. The fights in Road Rash, later on in the game, quickly dissipated as the races were so long (it had a huge semi-open world map that would generate point-to-point routes for you to follow) that you spent much of your time alone with the road.

When TDU came out, it was a revelation as you could organize proper ride-outs and cruises, meeting up at a certain time and place and then just riding together and seeing where the adventure took you. Nothing since has quite captured this feeling, either, though I will concede I haven't played the spiritual successor to TDU by the same developers, The Crew.

That American Motorcycle Simulator thing looks interesting, but I wonder how well it'll compare to just firing up GTA V and cruising around its huge, detailed, varied world. You can go to bars and play darts and get into fights and see strippers there, too... and when you tire of riding, you can head to the airport to try flying, or the docks to grab a boat, or even try out their pretty well modelled trucks! Nobody forces you to be a criminal. Heck, I probably spent ten times longer playing the LSPDFR mod where you play as the police (and deal with fairly realistic crime) than I did either of GTA V's single player story or online modes.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...cle_Simulator/

I may be in for a dose of that!

I only ever rode real motorbikes for a couple of years in my youth, kept falling off and decided four wheels was safer. Started with a 100cc Suzuki 2 stroke which kept clinkering the spark plug and eventually seized the gearbox. Moved on to a nice blue Honda 250 "Super Dream" (I think it was called). Nice bike and a shame I kept dropping it really...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vern.