Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loco Railroad Model Railway - Early Access

Jap crap were not real bikes Vern. Speaking as an 1960's greaser, british or nothing.

Mind Jap bikes were better than the sowing machines, that the mods rode.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

A work colleague of mine had a Triumph Bonneville. Reckoned he needed to buy a Bullworker to get enough strength to lift on the stand!

Say what you like about the Honda but it actually had a fairly loud and sweet sounding engine.
    Vern.

I am a different era, different age group to you Vern. It was all jap bikes from the mid 1970's though.

No skid lids in my day either, buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I had a rental Suzuki GSF-650 that had a centre stand like that, it was a complete bastard to get it up on the centre stand. I hated it, couldn't wait to get my FZ6 back from repair after I got punted off it at Gabalfa in Cardiff by a girl in a Beetle who was looking at the traffic on the roundabout, not what was in front of her.

This was the last one I owned, Yamaha FZ6, pictured here outside what was then known as the South Wales Control Centre. The Pan behind belonged to one of the maintenance controllers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Jap crap were not real bikes.....
    "Jap crap"?!
    Are you seriously comparing something like the 4-cylinder Honda 500 or 750, or the 6-cylinder CBX, to a twin-cylinder Triumph or BSA?
    If there's any "crap" involved in such a comparison it's sitting in large piles on the pillions of the British thumpers.

I had a few Japanese 'bikes.....having gained my motorcycle endorsement in 2010. (Yeah....very late in life but another ticked off the bucket list).
    In the stable were a Honda CM400A, a Yamaha 250 Renaissa, a Honda CM250 and a Suzuki 100
    My favourite was the CM400A - a lovely bike and a comfortable cruiser along Canberra's 100kph motorways.cm400a_dunstall-pipes_a.jpg
    Last edited by seagoon; 06-30-2020 at 08:12 AM.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Still jap crap Bruce, never be anything else to bikers of my generation in the UK.

The only things worse, were the Vespa & Lambretta sowing machines.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Still jap crap Bruce, never be anything else to bikers of my generation in the UK.

The only things worse, were the Vespa & Lambretta sowing machines.

Mike.
    A very closed mind you have acquired over the years, Mike.
    Oh...by-the-way...it's "sewing" machine. A "sowing" machine would be something that plants seeds.

I also owned a Vespa 250 "twist 'n' go" scooter ....two, in fact. Sold the first when we moved from Canberra, bought a clone six month's later and sold it after one summer, as wearing the PPE was like being in a mobile sauna up here!
    Loved the riding experience, though, particularly in Canberra.

Always aspired to a Ducati but cost and age beat me to it.

Long live non-British motorcycles!!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Oh my gawd not a scooter rider as well Bruce. That really is the pits buddy.

I have seen more powerful, hairdryers.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

.....I have seen more powerful, hairdryers.
    The 250cc provided more than enough power to allow me to cruise to/from work at 100kph. That's all you need as a commuter.
    Like the CM400A, it was perfect for my lifestyle.

Not to worry Bruce, being an Aussie you probably do not understand the history of the mods and rockers of the 1960's.

Plus i was only winding you up. Mind you for a thread about a model railway game.

I have no idea how it ended up about jap crap and italian hair dryers.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd