Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-S Seligman MP 216

Default T-S Seligman MP 216

Hello again, anybody have a good idea on what has happened here? The poor Inspector and Crane Operator!

They are being shoved down the track by that AI. My signal was a solid Yellow with a 30 mph limit then changed to what you see. I am in Auto Mode in the Heavy Westbound Manifest Activity. When I looked in Con Builder to make sure of consists, I did not see the Inspection Truck nor the Tractor as a Consist.

Any Suggestions? Here is what I saw:
    Open Rails 2020-06-26 04-55-13.jpg

This problem was addressed over at Elvas Tower. The Description line is missing from the .eng file in both models. OR will not recognize them with that line missing. These were probably added as a loose consist in OR, but they they essentially don't "exist" as a .wag or .eng when running the activity.

Quote Originally Posted by wwhall View Post
    This problem was addressed over at Elvas Tower. The Description line is missing from the .eng file in both models. OR will not recognize them with that line missing. These were probably added as a loose consist in OR, but they they essentially don't "exist" as a .wag or .eng when running the activity.
    Oh, ok, that is good. I will check over there for a solution.

Thank you

I had a look there, did a few searches but nothing pertinent came up. What section addressed this please?
    Last edited by Don6218; 06-26-2020 at 06:40 PM.

The solution described on ET is to add a Description line just like wwhall told you.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    Oh, ok, that is good. I will check over there for a solution.

Thank you

I had a look there, did a few searches but nothing pertinent came up. What section addressed this please?

it was in a post i made under the title Load Error on Elvas, i have copied and posted what i wrote below

"for some time now with ORTS i have had engines that in the Any Locomotive dropdown on the left show the following

<Load Error***********> where ********* is the engine name,

sometimes they still work in the sim and others will not come up in the consist list, i have tried everything under the sun to work out what the problem was that ORTS did not like, on the ones that eventually i got to run because of a missing bracket or to many brackets or a missing statement in the eng file, i always found fairly quickly and got them to appear in the consist list and run, but there has been a hardcore that end up in the consist list, but remain in the Locomotive dropdown with the load error attached.

this morning i found the answer, it started with the new ORTS Seligman Route, both the BNSF Hi-Rail and the Speed wing both appeared in there when i put them in a drivable consist (in the route they are used as static objects in acts) they had a few probs i had to solve so i could get them to load and drive but both of them persisted in staying with the Load Error attached.

what was it, There was no description section at the bottom of the eng file, i went online found out some basic details about them, plugged it into the eng file and immediately they stopped having the Load Error attached to them, i then looked at a long tern resident in that state that has had the Load Error next to it for years made up a description and it too has gone

all the hyrail needed was

Description (
    "Ford E350 Series Extended Cab Pickup with Rail Gear\n\n"+
    "8' Bed, V8 Gasoline Engine with Automatic Transmission."
    )

and the Speed Wing

Description (
    "Pettibone Speed Swing 445E\n\n"+
    "Power: 160Hp Cummins QSB6.7."
    )

although just putting their name there in the description would have sufficed

now i know that i will never have that prob again

And Yes i know there are probably utilities out there that would have found it and changed it for me but i pefer to delve into the files and work it out myself, i learn more that way."

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

Thank you all for the information.

Here is what I put in, should this do the job?

Headlights ( 0 0.25 1 0 ) Description (
    "BNSF_HI-RAIL. Self-propelled Inspection Truck.\n"+" \n"
    )

Hello all! I tried the solution that burgerbern recommended, copied the solution to the ENG Files, did not seem to work. The AI Train was still Pushing Both down the rails. By that, it did not work at that time. I have since reset and restarted the computer, had to do that anyway. So now I am trying it again, a day late, is this something that may not work with the X Version of OR? or with Autopilot?
    I am at a loss at this stage, I do not know enough about the ENG Files to play with them too much, and I thought that a Company like SLI-TS would have a correction in place by now, seeing as they are included as part of the Payware. Paul's Burro Crane works, this should as well.

If you added the Description as you show in your post above, that is wrong. The description should be on a new line, and Headlights is missing a closing bracket.

Taken from the PC track truck, this also has a name line, not needed, but makes it easier to locate in things like Conbuilder;

Headlights ( 0 0.25 1 0 )
    )
    Name ( "Penn Central Track Truck" )
    Description (
    "Based on original Track Truck by Ian Morgan. The orginal engine file used the KIHA 31 *.eng file"+
    "This version has heavily modified that file to make Track Truck more automobile like in handling. "+
    "The cabview is based on my 87 Dodge Ramcharger. "+
    "The use of track truck to move cars is not recommended."+
    "Enjoy, Charles Nippert \n\n"+
    "Locomotive type: Diesel\n\n"+
    "Power source: Cummins diesel engine\n\n"+
    "Power: ~100 hp\n\n"+
    "Max. speed: 85 mph \n\n"+
    "Height: 12 ft. 7 in. (3.84 m)\n\n"+
    "Width: 9 ft. 7 in. (2.92 m)\n\n"+
    "Length: 58 ft. 4 in. (17.75 m)\n\n"+
    "Weight: 2 U.S. tons \n\n"
    )
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Thank you for this. Even with that added correctly it still comes up in Con Builder as "Non-Driveable Engine".

I had a look a little further into this, apparently those two pieces of work equipment have been pushed all the way from Williams Jct..

Here is what is in the Activity Folder:
    EventCategoryLocation (
    EventTypeLocation ( )
    ID ( 16 )
    Activation_Level ( 1 )
    Outcomes (
    DisplayMessage ( "You are approaching a restricted speed zone. Engineering crews are working on the eastward, so that track is out of service at Williams Jct. All trains will be directed over the westward track, passing the work zone at restricted speed, not in excess of 20 mph." )
    )
    Name ( RestrictionWarning )
    Location ( -12577 14062 101.923 54.7563 10 )
    )
    But it does not seem to appear anywhere. All Paths check out when I used the software included with OR to check them.

Any thoughts?