Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omsi 2

Default Omsi 2

I installed SweetFX and a preset. But not sure how it works compared to Reshade.

Looks like it is activated to me.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Glad you started a separate thread Mike.

As mentioned elsewhere I just repurchased OMSI 2 having previously bought and refunded it.

I remembered why when I tried to start the tutorial - nothing seemed to be happening.

Anyway, decided to persevere but great problems trying to set up my game controller, could not get the steering to map to the left stick and throttle/brake to the right and left triggers respectively. So I reverted back to keyboard control which is awkward, but at least I could get going. Managed to blunder my way into getting on a timetable run and figured out how to switch the route directions on. Due to the clunky steering, think I probably squashed as many passengers as I picked up...

Will try again later, maybe see if I can get the joystick working rather than the joypad. However purely my view, but it's not the most user friendly game and the graphics definitely need a makeover.

I know it wasn't rated highly but I might give the tram DLC a glance, at least you don't have to steer!
    Vern.

You better get that re refund in quick Vern.

Try mouse steering buddy, it's not as easy as the truck sims. But i was getting nowhere with the keys, except on the pavement.

I need to get a steering wheel, with this and the truck sims being my focus.

Not sure how old 2 is but the graphics are a bit lacking.

I have just been driving the Yorkshire Route, not bad at all.

The freeware bus mod was ok as well.

You like your trams Vern, i do as well. But prefer buses and trolleys, which are also in the game.

I wonder what the editor is like for map making ?

Mike.

Refunded again Mike, maybe if at some stage there is an OMSI 3...
    Vern.

Oh right, there possibly could be Vern.

I am always on the look out for a bus sim.

That Fernbus isn't much good, one of my grandsons has it.

Mike.

Shame you couldn’t get on with OMSI2 Vern, yes it is no means perfect but to me it is the best bus simulator out there.

There are some great freeware maps out there, I use this site as the downloads are easy and all done up in one package so no hunting for missing stuff - https://omsiworld.com/?feature=omsiuk

And those of you with OMSI2 don’t forget to run the 4gb patch to make it run better - https://omsiworld.com/?feature=tools

I think one of the best payware maps has to be Berlin X10.

I also have got a Logitech driving force GT steering wheel and peddles that I use sometimes and it works really well and is so much easier to drive the bus with.
    —————
    Jason

I posted the link for omsiuk in my second post thank you Jason.

But i didn't know about the 4gb patch. Thanks for that buddy, just applied it.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I posted the link for omsiuk in my second post thank you Jason.

But i didn't know about the 4gb patch. Thanks for that buddy, just applied it.

Mike.
    Sorry Mike, silly me, forgot you already posted that link.

Glad you have now released some more memory with the 4gb patch.
    —————
    Jason

No need to apologise Jason, your link is as good as mine buddy.

Anyway just been refunded OMSI 2 on Steam.

Best stick to my truck sims and buses in truck sims.

Mike.