Thread: ES44AC Pack01 CSX YN3 Download

Default ES44AC Pack01 CSX YN3 Download

A couple of years or so ago I purchased the ES44AC Pack01 CSX YN3 Download. I never did see these locomotives and when I tried to create a consist to use them, I could see them in the locomotive line up but couldn't place them in a consist. didn't read the instructions before I purchased these. Come to find out I needed to have the BNSF ES44DC Loco Add -on for the ES44AC Pack01 CSX YN3 to work. So I purchased the BNSF ES44DC Loco Add -on. The ES44AC Pack01 CSX YN3 still didn't work. I deleted the ES44AC Pack01 CSX YN3 folder from Steam, Steam Apps, Common, Railworks, Assets, RSC, and verified cache so as to re-download the folder. The folder appeared again but inside the folder is only ES44AC_Pack01_CSX_YN3 Assets.ap. There were more things inside the folder before I removed it. Inside the folder, according to another download (CT-CSX 911) I would like to use contents from this folder, should be the following:

"Bogies", "CommonScripts", "Driver", "Lights", and "Simulation" folders. These were never all there (may be because I didn't have the BNSF ES44DC Pack 01)

Before I deleted the Railworks RSC ES44AC Pack01 CSX YN3 folder, inside the folder were Audio, InputMappers, RailVehicles folders, Blueprint.pak and ES44AC_Pack01_CSX_YN3 Assets.ap.

After verifying cache, all I see is ES44AC_Pack01_CSX_YN3 Assets.ap. inside the Railworks RSC ES44AC Pack01 CSX YN3 folder.

What can I do to get the ES44AC CSX YN3's to work and what exactly should be inside the folder? I did backup the folder before I deleted it, but just troubleshooting.

Thanks
    Derick

You need to read the instructions again. I believe you have to copy the Geo file from BNSF to YN3 Engine Folder
    HP Omen Obelisk Desktop, i7-8700, GeForce RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro

Dave Horton
    North Las Vegas, NV

Hello Dave. Thanks for your reply. I have searched high and low, but I did not see the Geo file in the BNSF ES44DC Loco Add -on. Seems like some things are missing out of both the BNSF ES44DC Loco Add -on and the ES44AC Pack01 CSX YN3 folders.

Quote Originally Posted by derickavery View Post
    Hello Dave. Thanks for your reply. I have searched high and low, but I did not see the Geo file in the BNSF ES44DC Loco Add -on. Seems like some things are missing out of both the BNSF ES44DC Loco Add -on and the ES44AC Pack01 CSX YN3 folders.

You will need to look inside the .ap file - the free 7Zip will do this. You can then extract whichever files you need to copy to your other engine, remembering to keep to the same folder structure. Many people nowadays provide a .bat file to do this for you in their installer, using the runtime version of 7Zip.
    Alan
    See this thread for my railway photos https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...78#post1935978

Thanks Alan and Dave. Alan using 7 zip to open the .ap helped me locate some files that were missing.

Question for Dave since he mentioned I needed to copy the Geo file from the BNSF folder. If I do that, will I need to rename it once I put it in the CSX YN3 Engine Folder?

Thanks Derick

Quote Originally Posted by derickavery View Post
    Thanks Alan and Dave. Alan using 7 zip to open the .ap helped me locate some files that were missing.

Question for Dave since he mentioned I needed to copy the Geo file from the BNSF folder. If I do that, will I need to rename it once I put it in the CSX YN3 Engine Folder?

Thanks Derick
    What do the installation instruction tell you? Usually you just copy the files across and leave the names alone.

Just a little extra information - any files that you extract from a .ap will be set to Read Only. If you did want to change them in any way you would have to change the properties to Read/Write first.
    Alan
    See this thread for my railway photos https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...78#post1935978

Thanks. Progress has been made since I opened the .ap. I am able to find other things in both the ES44AC_Pack01_CSX_YN3 and the BNSF ES44DC Loco Add -on folders. Thanks for the help guys.

Derick