Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CSX P&A Sub sub help

Hi Railfan Jack,
    ... my MSTS isn't the disk version ...
    There is NO other legitimate version!!

To download ScaleRail, you need to be a member of the 3DTrains Forum.

Ged

i have Xtracks 3.8 Latest Ver Newroads v4 Latest and Scalerail and No textures show up

No OpenRailsLog.txt = No Help
    Charles

No wonder why people dont READ carefully... READ what it says.......Thats why your textures wont show up... I dont have a problem with mine...

MSTS CSX P & A - Tallahassee Sub
    Installation.
    ScaleRail, the latest Tsection.dat file, and NewRoads 3.2 or later are required,
    along with all six default routes for installation only.

Quote Originally Posted by Boat23 View Post
    i have Xtracks 3.8 Latest Ver Newroads v4 Latest and Scalerail and No textures show up
    Dave Edwards

I believe we are going to see many issues like this as time marches on and eventually it will get to
    the point that nobody has the default routes (6) which you could only have if you bought, or were given
    a full disk version. For that reason, I intend to use as few default items as possible and then compress
    with RouteRiter, which will get rid of anything not used and may also drop default items. If that should
    happen, I intend to then run the install.bat file to recover into the route default items. Like I say though,
    as time goes on, we best reduce & then eliminate default objects. Track & roads are another issue and
    we must then emphasize the situation where X-tracks, NewRoads, etc. are used. I don't use ScaleRail
    because it is not compatible with M-tracks, which I prefer because of the more numerous curve radii and
    more correct mainline turnouts.

J. H. Sullivan

In the original version of this route there were a couple of places where the route would freeze & then crash.

Colleagues,

As I recall, one of our deceased members in Europe discovered the cause which was some kind of odd object
    on a tile. Failure would occur as this tile loaded going either way. I cannot remember what the fix was but
    perhaps someone else does. Reason I ask, is that I get a similar issue with the Virginian route which Lukas
    is poking around in, and if we can remember what that original PD&A issue was, we might either find it in the
    Virginian route, or, rule it out as the issue.

J. H. Sullivan

Are you putting your hand up?
    Cheers
    Derek

i do not have MSTS so you can use ORTS with out it

-6 Included Routes Nope

Only Have Xtracks and Newroads thats that

it can be Redone and edited

So you don't need to install MSTS? I wish I knew that a few weeks ago. I just got my new PC, and one of the reasons I chose the case I did was because I required an optical disc drive to install MSTS. Most new cases don't make room for the drive because they are rarely used.

I wish our copyright laws permitted games like MSTS to move into the public domain. Microsoft abandoned this game more than a decade ago. Speaking for myself, if it weren't for the hard work of OpenRails developers, the game would be a distant memory.

Quote Originally Posted by deltapooh View Post
    ... I chose the case I did was because I required an optical disc drive to install MSTS. Most new cases don't make room for the drive because they are rarely used. ....
    Nope, you do not, There are a couple of recent threads detailing how to get around that...providing you have a legit set of MSTS CDs, you can make your own set of installation files and place them in a zip --- or better yet - an rar file. Alternatively -- go the ISO route.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.