Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are SSD's this cheap nowadays?

Hi Derek, that's brilliant, thanks ever so much. I have Amazon Prime, so, the cable should be with me tomorrow with a free rush job delivery, and it was about £11.50, so, not too bad. Fingers crossed I should be in business, I'll let you know in 24/30 hours.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 07-17-2020 at 06:27 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Success, well done Derek, cable fits and SSD installed as Disk E, now to transfer a few games across from Steam and let's see how they perform. Thanks again Bud, that's saved my bacon.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Ok, we have it working.
    It will only run at USB2 speed as that is what I am assuming you are plugged into.

If you want full speed, you will need one of these:-
    https://www.newegg.com/global/au-en/...-468-_-Product
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    Ok, we have it working.
    It will only run at USB2 speed as that is what I am assuming you are plugged into.
    I took a screenshot of my current PC specs, which indicates I have a USB 2.0 speed.

Thanks for the URL for the new item of PC equipt. My question is will it help me playing games, I'm not too fussed about moving files from one drive to another as such, I intend to install games directly from Steam/Ubisoft, etc, and will keep them intact on my SSD for the future, I'm utilising the SSD for installing and playing games on, will having access to this USB3.2 be of any benefit in game playing do you know, please?

Thanks.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Steve,

They also say you have two USB 3.0 ports.
    They will be indicated by the blue plastic divider piece or labeled with SS+ for super speed, same thing.
    If you need to use an extension cable it'll have to be USB 3 specific.

Randy

Hi Randy,

Yes, I have USB3.0 ports, I use them for my cellphone when transferring photographs onto my PC and for portable hard drive storage devices, everything comes with their own cable, I haven't needed an extension so far, but, thanks for the thought.

Cheerz. Steve.