Thread: Anhydrous Ammonia Storage Tank (working....)

Default Anhydrous Ammonia Storage Tank (working....)

There are a lot of these storage tanks in the grain belt to store UN1005 ammonia. I looked at the FL for these, but I could only find an outdated one, so I figured I would make one. This one is a larger 50 foot unit with concrete/metal supports. All my routes will have this model when done. If no one else is currently designing these tanks for the FL, I may upload it if anyone wants one.
    SFCAN587 by CN Edmonton, on Flickr
    Rory

It'd be an easy enough thing to make, and useful for more than just anhydrous...I'm actually tempted to take a crack at one now. That doesn't look bad for a smaller storage tank, though

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    It'd be an easy enough thing to make, and useful for more than just anhydrous...I'm actually tempted to take a crack at one now. That doesn't look bad for a smaller storage tank, though
    Yep. lately I've been building 3d objects since I was laid off and working pt now. I already added hooks at the top for the boom to lift it. It's about 18,000 gal storage give or take.
    Rory

Oh, that's bigger than I thought. The texture made it look like a longer residential-sized tank

I'm interested, so please do upload it - and thank, you very much! I can see storing some nice tankers by these on sidings.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Well, here's my attempt so far. I've got a few details to do yet, along with some label areas.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    Well, here's my attempt so far. I've got a few details to do yet, along with some label areas.
    Looks great. I rounded the ends more on mine to match the actual specs like you did with this one.

SFCAN588 by CN Edmonton, on Flickr
    Last edited by tie; 06-30-2020 at 01:23 PM.
    Rory