Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bex64

Default Bex64

I created a new PC specifically for route editing, using Win 7 and installed everything and updated OR, Then I tried the most current version of TSRE5, and after installing, success.. Then I got a Windows popup crash regarding to BEX64 error. Does anyone experience this error? Tried looking it up it says a fix, but do this or that with other gaming systems... I'm looking for a simple solution to one specific one... TSRE and/or OR. Thanks!

Thanks
    Dave Edwards

I am not sure, i have never encountered this error.
    It seems that has to do with "Buffer Overflow"
    hers the link: https://www.tenforums.com/general-su...exe-crash.html
    and maybe this one: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...ectedfrom=MSDN

Hope it helps

Dave,

Does Win7 handle an application (TSRE) compiled for a 64 bit OS? There is a TSRE 32 bit compiled application.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

yes, Win7 64 bit handles TSRE 64 bit very well. I use it all the time.

Regarding the BEX64 issue, give this a try: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-a67e7f611fc6
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Win 7 64 bit Enterprise on both machines, Its strikes me VERY odd, since the TSRE works on my main PC albeit slow moving around since I have too many things running so thats why I have an another machine with the exact same Win 7 64 bit Enterprise, ----without all the bells and whistles, and routes already included with MSTS and OR as well (and no its not on/in Program Files bla bla) and get this "APPCRASH" error coming on every time when I click on any route to open and edit.. It just crashes and leaves a little info on the Notepad. Mind you, my "MSTS" gaming PC is NOT connected into the Internet as it has not been, since I dont want anything to run and hog up anything thats running. Any pointers you all have especially Vince, thank you!! please throw it all in there.. would love to listen you all's advices in order to get my sim machine running.
    Dave Edwards

>>>" . . . Mind you, my "MSTS" gaming PC is NOT connected into the Internet as it has not been, . . ."
    Dave,
    A machine installing TSRE must be connected to the net at the time the installer is run for the first time.

regards,

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Dave,
    A machine installing TSRE must be connected to the net at the time the installer is run for the first time.

regards,
    Is it not possible to download the appdata directly from Goku's site anymore, rather than start TSRE and have it do the downloading? This is what I did for my system, as it isn't connected to the internet, and TSRE works great in Win 7-64

Probably is. I have not looked at the site for long time and forgot about the direct d/l.

regards,

Thanks, but sadly its for Applies To: Windows Server 2003 with SP1 and Win 10... I am running Win 7 Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by gammaray84 View Post
    I am not sure, i have never encountered this error.
    It seems that has to do with "Buffer Overflow"
    hers the link: https://www.tenforums.com/general-su...exe-crash.html
    and maybe this one: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...ectedfrom=MSDN

Hope it helps
    Dave Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by longiron View Post
    yes, Win7 64 bit handles TSRE 64 bit very well. I use it all the time.

Regarding the BEX64 issue, give this a try: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-a67e7f611fc6
    Chris,

I did what you provided, nothing works. Its completely baffled me, since I have 3 Workstation PC, all the same models, RAM, proc speed, etc. The main one I am currently typing (this one) with TSRE, works great. But honestly, with too many bells and whistles, its incredibly slow. Its fast on other processes like e mail web, even running my test trains via OR, nary an stutter or such. Then I downloaded both x 32 and x 64 stable versions of 69752 and 69752x32 (in which I am using the 60752 on this machine, it runs great but albeit slow. Then went to my Sim PC, for the x32, it gives off an "APPCRASH" popup while the 64 version gives me the BEX64 popup. Something is off with this machine, but I hate to do one thing, is that I have to do an format to get this fixed.. I dont know if I should add in the service packs, if that will resolve the issue.. since my machine already had the SP1 already installed.

Thanks
    Dave Edwards