Thread: Need your little help with this

Question Need your little help with this

I have decided to upgrade one of the locomotive -- Dash 9 which everyone know that there is a freeware download from the site of Maple Leaf Tracks. I did not change anything after the upgrade of the locomotive but have a second thought to run this to see any error in Conbuilder. And here is below with the error message: I have no idea what to look for to correct this locomotive.

[NAME ERROR - Engine Name]
    The engine file dash9.eng in the folder
    J:\2MSTS\TRAINS\TRAINSET\DASH9\
    does not match with the name found on the line "Wagon".
    Edit this file and make this line the same as its file name without the .eng extension.
    A difference in capitalization or a wrong linefeed character can also generate this error.
    The error was found on this line: Wagon ( Dash9
    --------------------------------------------------
    [NAME ERROR-Engine line]
    does not match with the name found on the line "Engine".Edit this file and make this line the same as its file name without the .eng extension.
    A difference in capitalization or a wrong linefeed character can also generate this error.
    The error was found on this line: Engine ( Dash9
    [NAME ERROR - Engine Name]
    does not match with the name found on the line "Wagon".
    Edit this file and make this line the same as its file name without the .eng extension.
    The error was found on this line: Wagon ( Dash9 )

Can you tell me what to look for and correct this. I am trying to have all locomotives and rolling stock with no errors especially sound too.

Thank you,

John

Looks like this " Wagon ( Dash9"

Your " ) " parenthesis is missing? Look at the last one below on "Wagon"
    Dave Edwards

Parenthesis look OK, that's how they appear in the eng file.

Just taking a quick look, I'd check your caps. Eng file is 'dash9' while all the references in said file are 'Dash9'.
    ConBuilder is even telling you what causes the error and to check those caps. Change the eng file name to 'Dash9' and see what happens...
    -Mike

Mike -- Thank you for this and now all good with no error in Conbuilder. I will try to remember next time to look for to correct. Also want to say to Dave for your message as well.

John

The reason ConBuilder reports when any of the Wagon and/or Engine lines do not match with the filename is because when such and ENG file is used as the lead loco in a consist this will cause MSTS to list a blank line in the Engine selection list in the startup menu.
    Charles