Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tehachapi TSECTION

Quote Originally Posted by fchrist16 View Post
    Derek, Since the tracks are controlled by the GLOBAL TSECTION, I'd assume it was a global issue...

Charles, If you click on a track section; you might have to click a few; it'll say SR_TPII_ as part of the file name. For me, when I click on one, as I'm re-building the route since my TDB/RDB was MIA, some pieces will crash TSRE when deselected.

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Why not just reinstall The 3dTrains expansion?
    Charles

The 3dTrains TPII scenery expansion installs the SR_TPIIxxxxxxxxx files into your X:\(MSTS Install folder)\GLOBAL\SHAPES folder.
    If they are not present, then you need to rerun the 3DTrains_TS_Scenery_TPII.exe from your 3DTrains_TS_Scenery_TPII.zip

Apparently I never ran the TP expansion when I reinstalled my MSTS to my SSD drive some years back.
    Charles

I do see those shapes in my global folder, but why then does it kill off TSRE when I select, add to TDB and then go to deselect? In past routes that I've had that issue in, it is linked to a GLOBAL TSECTION issue of missing the entries...

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

I do see those shapes in my global folder, but why then does it kill off TSRE when I select, add to TDB and then go to deselect? In past routes that I've had that issue in, it is linked to a GLOBAL TSECTION issue of missing the entries...

Regards,

-Frank C.
    What happens in MSTS RE?

You never mentioned you were asking your questions because TSRE was crashing until post #9. Seems you should have posted in the TSRE forum of Train Sim or at Goku's Support forum rather than in the MSTS froum. The title of the thread and the initial posts might not catch Goku's interest.

BTW I forgot to mention this earlier to answer your OP. Installing the 3dTrains TP scenery enhancement into a "blank" MSTS install revealed that no Tsection.dat either global or route was included in the package..
    Last edited by crstagg; 07-06-2020 at 02:04 PM.
    Charles

Sadly my computer refuses to run MSTS at all, so I have to strictly use TSRE/ORTS. Silly Windoesnt 10! :P

I figured it was best asked here since it was an MSTS original route. I have had a similar issue with another piece of track, but a simple "adding it" to the GLOBAL TSECTION fixed the issue. It was a piece that should've been in the file but I didn't see it with a search. A TSRE crash was mentioned in post #5.

I saw a "tsection.dat" file in the route folder of 322kb when installing the update...Dunno how that fits into all this.

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

Charles,

This is for the Tehachapi II update that 3DTrains released...I don't remember ever seeing a TSECTION, but when I select a piece and deselect it, TSRE drops to the desktop which is a sign of the shape not being in the TSECTION. This is what confuses me!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Does not happen with MSTS RE running in WIN 10 Pro.

No crash with TSRE either.

FYI in both instances I did select an SR_TPII shape not some other shape.
    Last edited by crstagg; 07-06-2020 at 03:04 PM.
    Charles

Charles,

I'm not sure where my install went wrong then...I will try re-installing from the original CD and then the update and see what happens!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

Still after a fresh install, the same issue persists...

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.

The SR_TPII track pieces include segments where the original route had dynamic track, but where the scenery enhancement from 3DTrains has substituted custom scale rail pieces most likely created using dynatracks. Perhaps those pieces, which would not be in the global TSECTION, are making TSRE choke?

Also remember that TPII was built on the default TSECTION. On routes built on the default TSECTION, the dynamic track pieces in the Route TSECTION begin at number 376. On routes built using XTracks the dynamic track pieces in the Route TSECTION begin at number 40000. TSRE was not designed to work with the default TSECTION, but will offer to convert the Route TSECTION to the XTracks numbering system. If this is not done, TSRE will delete all of the Route TSECTION entries that are numbered according to the default system. In other words, it erases everything in the Route TSECTION, effectively breaking all of the dynamic tracks.
    Last edited by dcarleton; 07-06-2020 at 11:18 PM.

That's probably the issue is TSRE is choking on something there...How do I fix it? I have a few updates I'd like to preform to the route so...

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.