Thread: Ultimate Acela and HHP-8 and AEM-7 Sounds

Default Ultimate Acela and HHP-8 and AEM-7 Sounds

About the said files, can whoever made them make an MSTS-Friendly Version, because these only work fine in Open Rails but when I load them in MSTS i get SMS line xxx errors.

Quote Originally Posted by USASpiritlineTrains View Post
    About the said files, can whoever made them make an MSTS-Friendly Version, because these only work fine in Open Rails but when I load them in MSTS i get SMS line xxx errors.
    Download open rails. It's easier.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by captain82 View Post
    Download open rails. It's easier.
    You don't understand, I have Open Rails. I want to find out how to make these work in MSTS. The lines in question are:
    HHPeng.sms Line 270
    HHPcab.sms Line 229

I've got context, so I know where the problem is coming from, but I just want to know how to FIX it.

They weren't made with MSTS in mind, the level of quality is not possible with MSTS, either. There, literally is no point. That's at this point like asking someone to make *Insert new game* compatible with Windows 98/Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

Who the heck is still using MSTS? Why constrain yourself to an 18-year old game when there exists a way better version of that game with better features and physics?

IMO, the more Open Rails specific content, the better. MSTS compatibility is an anchor to development.

/endrant.

Agreed. MSTS just presents way too many issues that I'm sick and tired of dealing with.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Yogurt View Post
    Who the heck is still using MSTS? Why constrain yourself to an 18-year old game when there exists a way better version of that game with better features and physics?

IMO, the more Open Rails specific content, the better. MSTS compatibility is an anchor to development.

/endrant.
    I’m trying to run a Talking Trains Series and I want to show On-screen crashes and Open Rails refuses to include crashes and I’m too lazy to code it. That’s why I want MSTS Compatibly. Also Open Rails involves messing with angle clocks when all I want is an option to disable the angle cock feature so when you uncouple it automatically does it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Yogurt View Post

/endrant.
    Well what about somebody who is trying to run a talking train series and needs to show on screen accidents? Only MSTS can do that.

...On-screen crashes and Open Rails refuses to include crashes
    With good reason...settled ---- accept it, it's not going to change!

I’m too lazy to code it...Also Open Rails involves messing with angle clocks when all I want is an option to disable the angle cock feature so when you uncouple it automatically does it for you
    Appears you are also too lazy to read manual or search the threads...if you did you would discover that OR has the capability to do this.
    However, appreciate the honesty about your laziness...if you're a sloth, might as well own it! Go in peace.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

A design decision in Open Rails was made to specifically not depict derailments and accidents. That won't change.

For anyone who specifically wants to crash trains in MSTS, you'll find all the information you need to get it running by searching, it's not likely you'll get much more help. You'll have to deal with the limits of very old software.

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info