Thread: Other versions of Open Rails?

Default Other versions of Open Rails?

Hi!

I am currently using a Linux operating system (Slackware 14.2 (64-bit), to be exact) on my computer, and I was wondering if there is a Linux version of Open Rails available, and if so, where could I get it? And if not yet, is one in the works?

There isn't. Open Rails is currently based on the XNA framework, which only works with Windows (and 32-bit wine, if you know some tricks).
    Open Rails is currently being ported to the MonoGame framework, which will make the game executable by mono. The newest unstable releases do this, although they don't work with Linux right now – the Linux version of mono/.net 4.7 can't compile the necessary shaders, I think, but this issue will maybe be resolved in the future.
    If you want to run Open Rails on Linux, you will have to use wine for now; search the forums as for possible issues. There are also installation instructions available at winehq.org

How is the development team doing with building a World Editor exclusive to Open Rails which includes Activity Editor and Route Editor ? has there been any news regarding that ?

Quote Originally Posted by razo View Post
    How is the development team doing with building a World Editor exclusive to Open Rails which includes Activity Editor and Route Editor ? has there been any news regarding that ?
    FYI on the Elvas Tower Forum in the Open Rails section that was created for the OR Developers there is a subsection titled NEWS!
    Charles

May I get a link to that thread pls I am not able to find it
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by razo View Post
    May I get a link to that thread pls I am not able to find it
    Thanks
    Google is your friend. Just enter Elvas Tower and www.elvastower.com should be the first item.
    Charles