Thread: My D-10s...

Default My D-10s...

Morning All,

The D-10s that I uploaded last weekend. I had an email this morning from someone with a couple of screenshots that showed the guy didn't have a cabview. Asked someone else about it and they too had no cabview. Turned out when I was building the models that when I went to make the MSTS Object, just because I made sure the properties for the two sms files and the cvf file were pointing to the right folders that TS Modeler didn't change the addresses from the original folders, so no one has a cabview. I've changed both cvf files but see that the sms files are pointing to the Central Vermont 700s that I made a few years ago... so I'm guessing if you don't have those you don't have sound with the D-10s either?

Paul

Paul
    The cabview line in all the .eng files point to svry16.cvf. The line should be changed to D-10_Project.cvf and all will be fine. Sounds work fine.

Paul,

All of the required sound files are included with the download, except the default MSTS coupling sounds.
    I don't have your T3-a set, so...
    I simply opened the relevant sms files and removed the folder pathways preceding the individual wav files and everything worked great.

Thanks for your great model!

Hi Benny,

The eng files point to the svry16.cvf file, so that's what it should be reading, and that's what I just changed. I wonder if you have sound because you have the CV 2-10-4s installed. The sms files point to them instead of the CPR_D-10s or the DAR_QC_D-10s. If you do have the CV 2-10-4s instaled could you move the folder outside the Trainset folder and see if you still have sound?

Paul ;-)

Paul,

I sent you a PM explaining my solution

Hi Paul,

I figured out the cabview problem by looking at the cvf file.

For the sound you will need the file CV_2-10-4_T3a. I don't know where it comes from but I had a copy on an external disk.

Fred

I', just about finished rewriting the second set of sms files, I've asked Peter to test them as he does not have the CV engine on his system and does not have any sound with the engines so he's a good one to test the new files.

Hopefully he has sound and a cabview and I can post the fix files for everyone today.

Paul :-)