Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FSim 2020 release imminent.

Default FSim 2020 release imminent.

Received advice today that it will go on sale on August 18th.
    Price direct from the MS store, approx AUS$99.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Really pumped for this Bruce, especially after my disappointment with XP11 (now uninstalled).
    There are three versions, the standard which at UK prices is going for £60, deluxe £80 and premium £110.
    Unless you are really interested in the extra detailed airports and aircraft of the higher versions, the basic edition will probably do.

Only slight alarm bell ringing here is that, AFAIK the programme is still in the alpha stage which leaves just over a month to run through beta and gold before release. I can only assume things are actually further on than being publicly admitted or the alpha is so stable and ready for prime time, they are confident it can get it done in time.
    Vern.

Vern according to my son (who is in the games/animation profession) it is at the end of beta stage. The only thing holding it back atm is that they are looking at the VR side of things.
    This will probably be an update and the sim will not be released with VR.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

There's some kid keeps spamming the Flightsim dot com board re VR at the moment. I can sort of see the appeal but with my old eyes, not for me. Also going to be very difficult to port the numerous key commands for a procedural jet liner into a VR environment. Probably okay for flying a Cessna, but not an A380!
    Vern.

Just showing off "i got VR". Get a lot of that on IL-2 forums, VR this and VR that.

Getting TrackIR is far more important to me.

Do you boys realise you have to pay some sort of subscription for this. Or at least that is my understanding from what i read.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

There is some debate about subscriptions and I don't think MS have stated one way or another. I would hope for a product where the base version is selling for £60 it is a red herring. However I can see it as a possibility if you want access to the streamed high detail terrain data and weather. So long as it's optional and the default is reasonable and the extra data can be disregarded, not a problem but if it is a compulsory requirement then forget it. I'll have to reinstall that lacklustre XP11.
    Vern.

What I understand of the pricing -- so far -- is that the base game is either a one-time purchase or you can get it at no additional charge if you subscribe to Xbox Game Pass. That purchase includes the online feature of streaming Bing Maps -based scenery and Azure AI processing of it for delivery into the game. So far, so good.

Two other features they've talked about, flight planning with Navblue and weather with Meteoblue integrations, has me wondering. Both of those companies provide paid services -- so is the base game including their basic "free" level of services integrated for your basic purchase, and you'll need to subscribe somehow for more/full features? They're not giving any details about that.

MSTS-Roundhouse

On hiatus and moving to a new host -- Probably in 2021
    (Because 2020 has turned out to be b0rked beyond belief...
    )

Also to add -- I noticed that the "Standard Edition" is what's available with Xbox Game Pass. The content of the "Deluxe" and "Premium Deluxe" would have to be purchased as upgrades regardless.

I haven't heard anything about it, but I'd hazard a guess that some sort of "season pass" will appear at some point. Seems to be typical of modern games with ongoing content.

MSTS-Roundhouse

On hiatus and moving to a new host -- Probably in 2021
    (Because 2020 has turned out to be b0rked beyond belief...
    )

I don't mind paying for a subscription, so long as the price is within reason and the product is what I want or need.
    After all, I subscribe (annually) for my anti-virus programme (essential) and a couple of on-line games (non-essential).

I also have subscriptions for the daily paper and a monthly magazine......they've been around for years!

So no big deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Getting TrackIR is far more important to me.
    Yep used that and very happy with it in FSX.
    Not sure why you "Wannabe Boeing/Airbus Jockeys" are so excited? The biggest improvement that's obvious is the real world scenery and you ain't gonna see much of that above the clouds at FL36! ....now in your Cessna you will hopefully have a better experience?
    As for VR? Cheaper to take flying lessons than build that level of realism into a home simulator! LOL! Nothing is going to Simulate the reality of wind sheer or a sudden cross wind gust on finals whilst your butt is firmly anchored to your playroom chair!
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK