Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: FSim 2020 release imminent.

Im looking forward to this, always thinking should I pre-order or wait to see what the reviews are like.
    I see CD Keys have the Premium Deluxe at £76.99.
    —————
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    LOL! Well actually thanks to a local removal firm the ACTUAL move itself was painless.... the unpacking more of an issue. The REAL hassles here are Estate Agents (Realty Agents that side of the pond?) and Solicitors (Lawyers your side.) To revise an old joke... Whats the difference between a fatal road traffic accident involving a dog, one involving an Estate Agent, or one involving a Lawyer? There are skid marks before the dog....
    In Canada they're known as real estate agents or realtors. Solicitors here are generally people who go around ringing doorbells trying to sell crap so I guess if you wanted a good gag sign for your front door down there in the sunny southwest, you could order one from here that says "NO SOLICITORS".

As I say, no fan of the moving thing either, I hired movers for my stuff the last time I moved, while my wife and her family believed they could do it themselves which meant I got to drive the truck and unload it, too. Oh, and paint their house top to bottom before they sold it!

My advice is: DON'T MOVE OVERSEAS. The flight itself is fun, however. Quite keen to try flying around a few of the airports in FS2020 and see how well they get modeled in the vanilla version. Also quite interested to see how much AI traffic we're going to get. I had one of the two big traffic addons for FS2004 (Ultimate Traffic, I think it was) that used real schedules and liveries to let you wait in a nice long queue to take off at Heathrow, if that was your jam.

I worked at Cardiff Airport for a while during my time over there, and there was a very good payware add-on for it that modelled the place almost perfectly. Almost down to my car sitting in the staff car park.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Im looking forward to this, always thinking should I pre-order or wait to see what the reviews are like.
    I see CD Keys have the Premium Deluxe at £76.99.
    Is that a key for the MS version or has it been confirmed on Steam, Jason?

At the moment I'm still inclined to go for the standard edition, though it would be nice to have the detailed Heathrow I have to admit.
    Vern.

Sorry Vern forgot to reply, it has not been confirmed on Steam so presume just for MS version.
    I have actually just purchased a subscription to the MS game pass, first month £1 then £3.99 pm so not bad.
    FS2020 standard edition will be on game pass so get to have a go before deciding whether to splash out on deluxe.
    —————
    Jason

Well, some good news now that some of the press and content creators are released from the NDA -- The new sim won't be locked to just the Microsoft store; it will also be available through Steam. And TrackIR support and some limited VR have been dropped in.

And that's about all I can say, since it's publicly released information. I just got accepted for the closed beta last night, which puts me still under NDA so I can't really say anything other than point to what's being published by the curated outlets that are allowed to speak.

Good overview of what the reviewers are seeing here, with plenty of screenshots:
    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/...geous-flights/

MSTS-Roundhouse

On hiatus and moving to a new host -- Probably in 2021
    (Because 2020 has turned out to be b0rked beyond belief...
    )

Appreciate that Eric. I will probably get mine from Steam albeit probably still need a MS or Xbox Live account to run it. I'll pass on the key sites though, too expensive to risk getting a dud key and lose £50 to save £10.

@Jason, well it will be a keeper for me due to ongoing lack of satisfaction with FSX and XP11 so I'm going straight for the Steam version as soon as it's up to pre-order.
    Vern.

I too prefer Steam. Less of the Microsoft store mess running on my PC.

MSTS-Roundhouse

)

Pre-ordered, looking forward to 18th August, unless Steam pre-orders get the 17th as the unlock date.

Got to decide what to do with XP11 and FSX, now...
    Vern.

Keep 'em! X-Plane is no slouch as a sim, and I don't expect Austin to pack it in any time soon. And FSX/P3D, particularly with good add-ons, is still alive and kicking; it may be a while until everything you want is in the new sim. At this point we have an amazing range of choice for flightsims.

MSTS-Roundhouse

)

I intend waiting for a few weeks....until the initial dust settles from the stampede. When I do place my order it will be for the disc package rather than a download; there's always something nice about discs and a manual.

One thing which I plan on doing....hopefully.....is to use FS2020 to recreate and upload some of the Flights I did in FS9/FS2004.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0