Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gta v

Rockstar doesn't really like mods for their games, it has always been a bit of a 'mare to do them. GTA IV was even worse. It's very unfortunate, because they make such damned good games and the mods only build on that. Alas, they make so much money through GTA Online (hence it's still actively supported, seven years on) that they don't want anyone to mess with their golden goose.

RDE can be troublesome at times, Ragehook has an option to roll back to a previous working version if an update breaks everything. I've been yelled at by friends on Steam because I forgot to switch myself to invisible and my troubleshooting efforts were causing me to pop up as "now playing GTA V" every 45 seconds or so.

SCS are gods when it comes to mod support. The squeakers over on the Steam forums would disagree because it causes their silly mods to break with each update, but the extensive resources and built-in mod loader are very nice things to have.

Do you want longer trains? This is a mod that I've used for a long time, it gives properly long freight trains (with multiple engines) as well as sometimes runs the light rail vehicles through the metro with four cars instead of two.

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/i...-freight-train

Now, the guy who made it included other stuff like other models, and also had the very bizarre idea that the freight trains should occasionally run through the metro (the new LRT in Waterloo, ON has this happen, out of LRT service hours, and has gauntlet tracks to provide clearance around the platforms) which is a little silly.

I edited the file to remove these, and to make more of the LRTs run as four instead of two. This can be installed via OpenIV and nothing else is needed except overwriting your old trains.xml file:

1. Open common.rpf and navigate to data->levels->gta5
    2. Enable edit mode and replace trains.xml
    Attached Files Attached Files

Removed RDE as that is what was stopping the game running, Steve. I installed it after you posted about it earlier.

Had to do a clean reinstall of GTA V and then the cop mod and it is now working.

No thank you to train mod, cheers Steve. Keeping mods to RCA and NaturalVision Evolved for the graphics and the cop mod for game play.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

RDE is great when it works, which sadly, isn't often. They've made it so complex that they are constantly fighting their own code. I got Discord almost entirely due to all their support and advice being focused there.

The train mod is entirely painless to install, the one file is overwritten and that's all, it doesn't require anything being added as it's just telling the game to spawn more cars with each train, but it's up to you, of course. The only properly long train we see in the game is the intermodal one that Trevor jumps onto the back of and steals.

Steve not RDE i apologise unreservedly. Police mod does not work with either NaturalVision Evolved or RCA or both buddy.

So i was wrong about RDE, sorry. Trouble is got to have the graphics mods, because the game looks so good.

I have never seen a train Steve, ran into the front of a tram while driving a bus though.

Any good game play mods you know of buddy, please ?

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Steve not RDE i apologise unreservedly. Police mod does not work with either NaturalVision Evolved or RCA or both buddy.

So i was wrong about RDE, sorry. Trouble is got to have the graphics mods, because the game looks so good.

I have never seen a train Steve, ran into the front of a tram while driving a bus though.

Any good game play mods you know of buddy, please ?

Mike.
    No worries. I liked the game more or less as it was, my modding for GTA V was focused almost entirely on LSPDFR related stuff, I only changed three things outside of that:
    -train length (as above)
    -allowing the cars added through GTA Online updates to appear in single player mode (a lot of mods for this have stopped working, part of the problem of a game with such a long life) so you can drive all the cool new stuff
    -traffic and pedestrian density so driving is more challenging and the game world feels more alive:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/increase-traffic-density

The trains go from the Port of Los Santos (SE corner of the map) and follow one of two routes up the LS river (including a reproduction of the real-life Alameda Corridor trench) before heading out of the city. The line runs clockwise up to the desert and then loops around through the state park, and runs back around the northern shoreline largely paralleling the highway back down to Los Santos. It's quite well realized, all things considered. If you go to where Trevor lives in Sandy Shores, you get some great views of them powering through the desert just south of the town.

T34 & Panther mods

I would have liked to get LSPDFR working with the graphics mods. But if it is not to be, i will live with it Steve.

I will give that traffic density mod a try, thanks very much buddy.

Appreciate the info on the railroad route, i will take a look later Steve.

Off to Sandy Shores it is then.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Nice tanks! I used to spend hours driving around in the Tank in GTA2 crushing the police and FBI (the tank was basically invulnerable in the Residential District area as the army wouldn't show up) again in Saints Row 3 just rollin' rollin' rollin' causing mayhem. Which was better, Panther or T-34?

You can hop the trains quite easily and ride like a hobo, y'know...

Boredom setting in now Steve, hehehehehehehe. I drove on the rails and didn't see a train.

Both tanks seemed to self destruct if i fired the main armament too much.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd