Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee Road Iowa and Illinois Division Route

Default Milwaukee Road Iowa and Illinois Division Route

Hello I am Steve Church and new to the forum and to Trainz A New Era and wanted to know if anyone would be able to design the Milwaukee Road Iowa and Illinois Divcision from Council Bluffs,Ia to Bensenville,Il from 1977 I have a route map and plenty of photos to share if needed would appreciate any help thank you,Steve

I would Trainz 2012 and wondered if anyone has Griswold EM Gate Pedestal Mount Crossing signals with wishbone gate arms,a swing truss drawbridge like the one in Sabula and a high bridge like Madrid ,Iowa had and a king post truss and queen post truss bridge you can use also telephone poles like the Milwaukee Road used.

Hi Steve --

With requests like this you are probably better joining the N3V Trainz Forums, here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/

But a word of advice. While most members of the Forums are extremely helpful and very welcoming to new members, request like this for routes (and locomotives, freight cars, ... ) are generally meet with derision. You should expect comments like "Do you have any idea how much work this entails?", "Why don't you learn how to do it yourself", "Are you another give me pig", ... .

And welcome to Trainz. I hope you enjoy the ride.

Phil

They are a great forum as Phil has personally lead me to some of his videos when I started out a few months ago.

One thing you'll find about Trainz is there is TONS of content. You are likely to find something that looks like what you are looking for but to find everything your looking for (unless it's been developed by an asset creator) will be difficult to find. For example I tried out some signal assets and asked questions and was lead to an asset creator for CROR (Canadian) signals.

So if you have a route in mind there is always a chance it might be out there by doing a search on the DLS (I noticed at least 3 versions of Niagara). But since I didn't have a ticket and download speeds were limited I decided it would be much more fun to create it.

Some people take several years just to create a route. Phil is much more gifted. But many creators often create what they like for themselves and not others. Not saying someone will not help you, but they will be much more to try and help you help yourself.

Moderators will just delete messages (like mine recently) that was off topic which is understandable. But allow people to be critical and police themselves as much as possible. It actually is a very good, and inviting environment.

Hope that makes sense, but Phil's advice is very wise.

If you provide some sample of your route maps for 1977 with a title on that forum like "Milwaukee Road 1977" you may get some interested in an exchange because it's something they are creating for themselves or want to create. The more you give, the more you will receive. I try my best to give back every day by helping new users, and even tricks I've learned with various tutorials then do my own.

Enjoy the journey. My computer is in the shop now for over a week and I miss doing things.

Thanks

Sean

Thanks

Sean

Chalkdale Electrified, That's only route I actually installed in Trainz UTC! Everything else, I created myself!

Thanks, Guys!

Christopher Tarana

So I was looking at the other thread created and though it's good, I'd again post it on the Auran forums. Someone might bite because you've taken the time to share things.

The reason why here will likely not work is there only a few die hards like myself and others who stick around, or are into MSTS etc. This is currently the only thing I run besides Run8 and that has not happened in several months.

Thanks

Sean

I have posted it on the Auran forums hoping to receive some responses both for Trainz a new era and trainz 2012

I have a friend who is, designing the Mi;waukee Road Iowa-Illinois Division in 1977 from Council Bluffs to Bensenville he is including Omaha so we can have transfer trains from Council Bluffs to Omaha and back and hand off trains in Council Bluffs to the Union Pacific and the Milwaukee Roadmilwaukee road iowa illinois division 1.jpgmilwaukee road iowa-illinois division 2.jpg

Here is another photo,of the Milwaukee Road Iowa-Illinois Division progress is coming along great my friend is doing,a great job with the route looking forward to the finished route.milwaukee road iowa-illinois division route TANE 3.jpg

milwaukee road iowa-illinois division route TANE 4.jpg here is another photo of the Milwaukee Road Iowa Illinois Division before the Missouri River was widened to allow a more realistic bridge across the tracks