Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee Road Iowa and Illinois Division Route

I have another update the Iowa side of the route the Sabula swing truss drawbridge is almost done and just some finishing touches on Perry the yard,depot and lumber yard,Madrid,and Marion, the depot,Tama the interlocking tower, then it is on to the Illinois and finish the yard at Savanna then on east towards Chicago,Bensenville yards and hump yard will be the biggest challenge to get done when finished all all finishing touches are done the signaling will begin CTC for the mainline and grade crossing signaling using crossing signals,crossing signals with gates,cross buck posts Griswold crossing signals with a stop sign and Griswold EM Gate Pedestal Mount Crossing Signals with single bar gate arms and with wissabula swing truss drawbridge 2.jpghbone gate arms.

I have another update here is a photo of the Perry depot and Denniston Partridge lumber yard,Perry yard is just about done 15 tracks long my friend is finishing up on Madrid,Tama with the tower where the Milwaukee Road and Chicago and Northwestern double tracked mainlines met,and the depot at Marion the swing truss drawbridge is just about done then it will be on to Savanna,Il and finish the double yard 12 tracks each in length then east towards Chicago the Bensenville double yard with working hump yard will be the biggest challenge after everything is done to my friend's satifaction it will be on the signaling single,double and triple headed searchlight signals CTC signaling on the mainline and spurs and yards,Grade Crossing signaling Griswold signals with lights and stop sign,crossing signals with lights,overhead signals with lights,crossing signals with lights and gates,Griswold EM Gate Pedestal Mount Crossing Signals with single bar gate arms and Griswold EM Gate Pedestal Mount Crossing Signals with lights and Wishbone Gate Arms.milwaukee road iowa divisin perry,iowa perry depot denniston partridge lumber.jpg

I have another update I have received a photo of overhead signals it is in Marion,Iowa. next to the passenger depotmilwaukee road overhead signals.jpg

The grain elevator has been added to Madrid,Iowa and I sent my friend a map of the Sabula-Savanna causeway along the Mississippi River and the swing truss drawbridge is almost done,the curved parker truss bridge will be made bigger and the track section smaller all 5 bridges will be included including an approach girder bridge on the east end and the west end of the swing truss drawbridge.King post bridges are being added to the router and queen post bridges will be added if my friend can find some.109520282_2797161487194235_6711090921976697720_n.jpg109935951_724797678354459_1680911533124715421_n.jpg

I have another update,Heartland Co-op Grain Elevator in Madrid,Iowa just a few more things for my friend left to do, in Perry add the cement plant,finish Tama and add the interlocking tower,finish Marion and finish the Sabula- Savanna causeway and the swing truss drawbridge and the trusses making the Parker truss bridge bigger,and adding the plate girder bridge on the west approach and the east approach then on to finish the Savanna double yard 12 tracks each and on east towards Chicago the biggest challenge will be the huge yards and hump yard in Bensenville probably over 30-40 tracks.heartland co-op grain elevator madrid,iowa.jpg

I have another update,the Milwaukee Road Iowa-Illinois Division is going to have a branch line from Woodward Junction to Des Moines ,Iowa.I have attached 2 photos one of a Milwaukee Road 4750 covered grain hopper there will be plenty of these on the route and Tama,Iowa with the interlocking tower and the meeting with Chicago and Northwestern.milwaukee road 4750 cu ft covered hopper milw 101444.jpgmilwaukee road iowa division interlocking tower tama,iowa with c&nw.jpg my friend will be finishing up the Perry yard,finishing up the track work at Madrid, finishing the causeway at Sabula and finishing the Sabula swing truss drawbridge adding the plate girder bridge on the east ens approach and the west end approach making the Parker truss bridge larger completing the double 12 track yard at Savanna,Il and then moving on towards the east to Chicago the biggest challenge will be the huge yards and hump yard at Bensenville.

I have another update today.BNSF is going to have a sub division on the route from Council Bluffs to Ottumwa and a branch line from Creston to Des Moines and a branch line from Des Moines to Tama representing the Chicago and Northwestern who's mainline will be on another route and separate download from Council Bluffs to Chicago also The Rock Island mainline will be on another route and separate downlpoad from Council Bluffs to Chicago.BNSF des moines sub division.jpg

Today's update is a video on my Facebook timeline and Is about the Milwaukee Road Iowa-Illinois Division from Perry,Iowa to Savanna,Illinois no photos today will send them when I receive some.

The update we have for today,is video in Perry yard doing switching. The route is coming along nicely and track is as far as Elgin,Il and progressing well.Going to add Bensenville yards and hump yard then add Schaumsburg, Franklin Park Morton Grove then Fox Lake.

I have an update today the route is being completed as far as Elgin.Il and is elecgtrified from Elgin to Fox lake,Il.milwaukee road illinois division elgin,il electrified.jpgmilwaukee road metra elgin,il.jpg